Other Clubs' Transfers

Good luck finding someone willing to pay his wages.

can see Pope being England number 1 again with a move to Newcastle, always been the best england keeper for me

1 Like

Barbosa in the prem??
Might finally be able to settle this debate of whether he’d be successful abroad :grin:

He flopped in Italy did he not

Fiorentina :upside_down_face:

Watch the FDJ 70m sale turn into 200m worth of funds for transfers lol.

Interesting this now as Pickford is playing for the lowest profile club out of him Ramsdale and Pope.
Puts his position under pressure a bit now.

2 Likes

Southgate rates Pickford and from his historic selections, he sticks with who he rates irrespective of form, etc.

I think Ramsdale and Pope are fairly similar level and both better then Pickford. Ramsdale is like 6 years younger than Pope and so more scope to improve/develop IMO (although 30 in keeper years isn’t old)

1 Like

It seems strange when they seem to want him gone, and there appears to be one interested buyer, that they’d get the big fee that they want for him.

They might do because it’s United, but still, strange.

I don’t know how much of it is they want him gone as a player, and how much is they need to sell him to afford other players they value more.

In which case doesn’t make sense for them to sell cheap cause you’d lose him and still not have the required funds for reinvestment

1 Like
5 Likes

that was Sidio Mine

Another one.

Well he did set his limits

Neymar to Chelsea would be the coup. Neymar, Sterling and Havertz up front with Werner, CHO and Broja is serious potency. Barcelona would possibly break the bank for Neymar if they could find the funds. Clearing out Depay and Dembele would be a start.

Great signing for Palace

Smart choice from the kid as well. Will probably get more gametime at Palace than be a bench fodder at United.

1 Like

Many reports have Neymar making over 3m pounds per month at PSG. I don’t think Chelsea will be in a hurry to pay those kind of wages and I doubt Neymar is the kind of guy to just cancel his contract for the sake of a new challenge.

3 Likes

Mbappe is the king of Paris now. Neymar has too big of an ego to play second fiddle.

Really tricky time for Neymar whether he sticks to his easy life in Paris or goes somewhere else to be the number one guy there. But even if he leaves, I don’t think he’ll come to the English league. Italy or back to Barcelona would be my guess.

1 Like