Other Clubs' Transfers

Excellent? Really? Pope isn’t that good. Barely going to move the needle

Damn, totally forgot about Newcastle… Strange they aren’t more active atm.

Don’t agree at all.

Pope is a very good keeper and has demonstrated that season to season.

Dubravka isn’t his caliber whatsoever

3 Likes

So you genuinely think Pope will be the reason Newcastle win games/gain extra points? Nah, not having it.

Yes I do especially in comparison to Dubravka

2 Likes

What have you got against him?

Like I said he’s mad average

I don’t rate him at all

1 Like

Pope is a great signing and be very popular with them fans.
Should of had more England caps. Sorted out for years Newcastle here.

3 Likes

Fee is supposedly around £8-10m

That is a bargain damn

1 Like

So who will be leaving Inter? Dzeko, Dumfries and Skriniar?

I wonder whether they either sell Lautaro or don’t sign Dybala now.

I think Inzaghi has generally played a 3-5-2 and would see Dybala more as an option for the strike pairing than for the midfield.

Yeah Pope is an upgrade in the GK position for the Toon Army.

1 Like

Sell Lukaku for €115m in 2021, loan him back for €8m in 2022. Good hustle.

7 Likes

Good deal for Liverpool. No idea what Monaco sees in him to be honest. But when your team is ultra-successful, even your crap players get that shine.

He played in that RB team with Haaland right?

Spent a hot second in the PL, picked up a winner’s medal, some other trophies and goes to live in Monaco. That’s exceptional work.

5 Likes

Not sure where this notion that he is a crap player comes from. He was very good squad cover for Liverpool and has been their arguably their best player in the cup competitions that they won this season.
Liverpool fans like him as well.

Didn’t cost them much either(£8m). Worth the punt.

Sure he isn’t a top, top player but he isn’t some bum.

4 Likes

Yeah, you’re probably right. I was glancing at his PL stats and remembering some games against Arsenal. Looking more closely he has been much more productive in the cups than I realized. Seven goals in eight matches in the domestic cups last year.

2 Likes

Wasn’t coming at you btw. I’ve seen this being said by others too. Just if you put it into context he’s just been alright. I have a buddy of mine that supports Liverpool that tells me they love him, plus Liverpool fans online can’t shut up about him. :rofl:

1 Like