Other Clubs' Transfers

I still think Rudiger benefits hugely from playing in a 3. As @SRCJJ has said before about other players, he’s a typical modern defender in that he relies a lot on his athleticism rather than his reading of the game.

I think he will do well at Madrid though for the most part.

3 Likes

Yeah probably. I just remember saying he’s one of the best CB’s in the league (at the time) and got ridiculed lol. Pretty sure someone said Mustafi was better too :sweat_smile:

Well who know him going there was a bad idea? Oh yeah, almost everyone. Wonder how much of the £50m they’ll recoup.

1 Like

You reckon PL will go for him?
Saw some faint rumours about Mourinho being interested. I swear Roma are now linked to every available player there is nowadays…

I’d kill to have this guy at Arsenal. Better than Tomi in every metric, with all due respect

For real?
You’d kill to have AWB here?

If we replaced Tomi with AWB I would die inside. Tomi is absolutely miles ahead of him as a defender and has much better quality on the ball

7 Likes

Better on the ball sure, but in terms of defensive ability and defending AWB blows him out of the water.

There’s nothing special about Tomi defensively at all. Bang average with a little grit to his game

1 Like

Tomi is a solid defender who’s struggled with fitness and when he’s not fit and game ready he looks awful. But his early run into the team up until his injury was better defensively than any right back we’ve had since Sagna

He’s good in duels, he’s the best aerial full back and doesn’t kick the ball to opposition players or fall over like AWB does.

1 Like

Tomi was a wall before his calves collapsed.

I am glad we are looking at backup though, what’s this Molina cat like from udinese?

The fitness concerns are valid and I don’t hold the Newcastle match over him.

His sample is thin. How many signature performances does he have against elite wingers?

AWB is a plug in defender, he can’t be exposed if you don’t ask him to go outside of his role to ball play excessively. I can see why a coach like Ten Haag doesn’t rate him

AWB sucks. He is fantastic in 1-v-1 situations but nothing about the rest of his defensive game is very good. And that’s not even getting into his limitations on the ball.

Says it all that a player as bad as Dalot essentially took his job.

3 Likes

Rudiger is the perfect psycho cunt defender profile that Real like to employ on paper, a guy whose job it is to solve shitty situations that arise all the time, that’s one of his best traits. The natural worry there is that he goes bonkers beyond repair with that amount of freedom :grin: it’ll be interesting to see how he does.

1 Like

He’ll do well. I think Madrid will hide a lot of his flaws.
He does need a manager to keep him in check though. Lampard certainly couldn’t.

1 Like

Tbf, I guarantee you every Top 20 club in the world has the same list. Add David and Schick in.

1 Like

It’s why getting Jesus done early would be such a coup for us, going to be awful for clubs looking for a CF this summer

Spurs aren’t sinking mega money in a striker when they’ve got a front 3 of Son, Kane and Kulusevski

If they buy a striker it’ll be the under €50m range that’s for sure. They’ve got the midfield and defence that desperately need addressing

3 Likes

Yeah, it’d be waste. I know Kane had his injuries but not a single striker from that list starts over him.
You low-key do actually want them to spend big one of these guys as it probably won’t end well and limit their resources for other areas.

Huge upgrade over Matic. Would be a coup at that price

Fred and Laimer is an excellent CM pairing

Fred and excellent don’t belong in the same sentence

He’s incredibly mediocre

4 Likes