Other Clubs' Transfers

1 Like

Forcast for Chelsea looking a little negative tbh

Canā€™t really see Tuchel building a proper title contending team

7 Likes

Be interesting to see if he sticks around.

Heā€™ll be on massive wages and wonā€™t walk away from that.
Also the new Chelsea owner will want to keep him, even just next season, to avoid too much disruption.
But they arenā€™t going to be nearly as strong as they were.
The blue plastic is starting to melt.

For a team that won the CL a year ago and many thought would contend for the PL this year, they need a surprising amount of work.

Defense is looking shaky as fuck with Rudiger and Christensen leaving, Thiago Silva ancient, both Azpi and Alonso old and probably leaving.

Midfield actually looks pretty shaky too with both Kante and Jorginho seemingly dropping off due to age and both only signed through 2023 anyway. I like Gallagher a lot but I donā€™t see him as a CM in Tuchelā€™s system.

Attack they signed four forwards for Ā£275m in recent years yet none of them can score goals reliably and they are all on wages that make them difficult to move.

They still have enough to be reliably in the top four fight going forward and Tuchel is a good cup manager but I donā€™t see them challenging Liverpool or City anytime soon.

7 Likes

Replacing one wonder kid with another lol

Theyā€™ll barely recoup anything for all of those lost defenders too

Granovskaia has been asleep at the wheel, would have been handy to have Guehi and Tomori right now

Tough break

1 Like

Thats got Bayern rattled then.

Yeah, I could see us going in front of them next season as first challenger to City/Liverpool.

Why would they be rattled when Dortmund are giving him some work experience for when they sign him in three years haha

3 Likes

That would be one sexy strike force

Thatā€™s what @Stroller is going for I think. :rofl:

1 Like

The release clauses in Spain are so arbitrary. Why not just put the release clause as ā‚¬10bn. How is that different to ā‚¬400m for fucking Rudiger?

3 Likes

Agreed, only way it would be relevant is if the Euro crashed.
I do think the Neymar transfer has made them all put ridiculously high release clauses on players now.

If you have to have a release clause on every player, maybe theres also a limit of how high than can be? No idea

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen any links, but was chatting to a Liverpool fan about the idea of them signing Kane, particularly if Salah leaves.

Would be a sensational signing that essentially eliminates the competitive advantage City gained by signing Haaland. Itā€™s all even again.

It would mean that no other team has a chance of winning the league for 2 more seasons basically, but it would leave Spurs in the mud.

Will Kane stay another year if they arenā€™t in the CL? Will he want to stay anyway when they are unlikely to compete for a major trophy?

This is the last chance saloon for Kane to leave. Last chance to move to a bigger club and improve upon his zero trophy count.

If he doesnā€™t go this summer, heā€™s at Spurs for life. Levy will continue to put a silly price tag and heā€™ll be 30+ and no club will pay Ā£100m for him.

Maybe United will put in a silly bid this summer. They are desperate and they are rich. Hopefully this is another transfer saga that runs all summer and unsettles those lily white cunts for months.

The best scenario is for Kane to go to Man U because he will replace Ronaldo who is their top goal scorer and I doubt Kane will score many more than him so they wonā€™t be much better off.

It does mean that spurs will have around 80m to strengthen and if Conte is still there, he could get them up in the CL places again.

But Kane with either Salah or Mane upfront for Liverpool, would at least mean Man City wonā€™t stroll to the PL title without a bit of competition, although Kane going there is unlikely to happen.

I think Liverpool is too smart to pay 100-120m for a 29-year-old Kane, which is what Levy would likely demand. Kane is also going to want the exact same kind of salary as Salah, which the club seems pretty unsure about.

Kane may be a genius on the pitch but he comes across as kind of a moron in general and his brother is even worse. If Conte stays I think he gets fooled into staying at least one more year, even though they donā€™t have a prayer of competing with Liverpool and City. And then next summer heā€™ll have one year left on his contract and that will be the time to either go or sign a new deal that keeps him at Spurs for life.

Levyā€™s game is to fool both Conte and Kane into thinking they can compete with the right signings, so that the two can help him get into the CL again, negotiate better sponsorship deals as they settle into the new stadium, and position the club to either remain in the Superleague conversation if it happens again or to be eventually sold for a huge price down the line. Iā€™m pretty sure Kane is dumb enough to fall for it, less sure about Conte.

Provided Spurs finish 5th with Conte staying on, what do people reckon?

• Stays at Spurs
  • Leaves

0 voters

I think heā€™ll stay, not because he wants to, but Levy wonā€™t let him leave.
Conte might have the same problem, if one of the elite European clubs are after him.