Other Clubs' Transfers

I honestly think they’ve rebuilding the right way. They’re getting a variety of different profile players who an all contribute in important ways. I was reading that with Traore it’s accepted his end product isn’t great but he occupies defenders with his directness and dribbling and that creates space for players around him.

They’ve got some very good young talent and with time and experience they can really develop well.

If they retain the current version of Dembele then even better

Perhaps, or maybe it’s an indication that this aging Real side ain’t the power house of quality they used to be either. Either way if we get back into the CL I wouldn’t be frozen in fear at the prospect of playing Barcelona. Which would make a nice change

Oi thats my thing ?!

3 Likes

Maybe so but the football was still excellent and this is a team Xavi has been coaching for a short while, they have elite younger talents and seem to now be targeting real ballers.

It’s comparable to our project IMO

Not in terms of financial sustainability.

Entire wage structure there has changed. The older lot are still burning through with high wages but in general I think football clubs are moving away from those ridiculous contracts and curbing their wage bills.

They just signed a sponsorship deal with Spotify for nearly £300mil.

They’ll be OK especially considering they will make the CL now

1 Like

Is Ansu Fati still an elite-bracket talent given his injury problems? Or has he gone down a tier?

He’s still top tier

Whenever he’s on the field he elevates them, just needs to get right physically.

1 Like

They’re clearly rebuilding well, I just can’t understand why they don’t buy some defenders.

Pique should have been put out to pasture ages ago.

That’ll be their Achilles heel at the top level

Barcelona fans purr over him still. Think he’s an obvious elite talent which is saying something because at one point they hated everyone lol

1 Like

Isn’t he just on loan though?

Yeah, with an option to buy. I thought it was an obligation to buy I think, I was under the impression he was staying beyond the end of the season. Obviously, that might still happen, but it’s not the certainty I thought it was.

1 Like

Isn’t spotify guy an Arsenal fan? Why couldn’t he sponsor us for 300 million, or was it because he wanted to raise his profile with the Arsenal connection.?

1 Like

It includes naming rights to the stadium as well as shirt sponsorship, not something we’re able to facilitate atm but you may be right.

1 Like

My immediate thoughts on that are get Saka sorted out now.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Edu should be on the horn with Saka’s agents. City will come calling regardless but we need to be able to delay the inevitable for a few more years.

1 Like

£75m it is then