Other Clubs' Transfers

A striker scoring two goals a season isn’t gonna keep working.

Loooooool

1 Like

The players around him mean it’s not a big problem. Mané and Salah aren’t showing any signs of slowing down and Firmino’s withdrawn role plays a part in making them the elite scorers they are.

2 Likes

How the f do they get fekin 10m for a 18 year old kid no one has ever heard off.

Liverpool basically getting Jota for £25m. Selling their highly rated youth products and putting the money towards players who are ready to play now. Bastards.

Sarr would be the better option IMO, not bothered about them landing Jota at all.

Decent player but they could have landed Werner for not much more.

1 Like

Can’t fault them, they paid the big fees for proven players, which got them both CL and PL trophies, now players actually want to join them, which makes it easier while negotiating.

1 Like

I love Jota, such a good signing for them as it fits Klopps philosophy perfectly, grafts , is clinical with his chances and rapid.

Then again, hes hardly a worldy, hardly a player to give the players around him a kick up the arse which is what they need.

Jota over Werner is an awful bit of decision making lol

2 Likes

In three to four seasons Liverpool will be in quite a bit of trouble.

Clearly not trying to build a long lasting dynasty over there.

Jota gets PL title before Werner though.

1 Like

Will he be someone to spearhead their team when Salah and Mane have dropped off or sold though?

Werner should be a £100mil plus player by the time he reaches his peak, Jota not so much.

I agree but there’s a good argument that dynasties are pretty much impossible nowadays given the competitiveness of the PL and therefore you just need to try to win as many big trophies (league and CL) as you can in the shorter window when your team peaks. I like their moves on that basis.

1 Like

You still need to try though.

And they aren’t, look at the average age of their first XI

Does that matter really though.

2 Likes

I don’t see Jota as a long term replacement for Mane or Salah, at least not at their level.

My guess is that the issue with Werner was not so much the transfer fee but his salary demands. He is reportedly on 270k per week at Chelsea, after also receiving a 10m signing on bonus, and that would have made him Liverpool’s highest paid player if he was seeking the same compensation from them.

Interesting you mention those figures, I’ve seen much less at around 180K a week.

@Stroller: yes it does IMO

The statistical comparison

1 Like

I’m talking about Liverpool turning down Werner months ago to then sign this guy haha

Don’t think it’s gonna go that way.

Squad player status beckons.