Other Clubs' Transfers

Yeah I get that. He’s highly rated but I don’t understand why he’s being credited for signing someone who’s extremely highly thought of and well known?

This isn’t aimed at you btw bro. It’s just the Tweet. Think Ocampos does a great job but I’ll give him credit for a Pepe and a Gabriel more than I will for a David.

1 Like

Yeah fair. I only kept that tweet in because it’s a translation of the original french story

1 Like

25m is getting David on the cheap and Luis Campos is known for spotting talent and then moving them on for exorbitant fee’s. Lol I’ve been saying we should be targeting David in the wishlist thread. Another 25m signing which would be extremely cheap for us. The perfect profile but we don’t do business like that apparently. Next big name we should be targeting is Myron Boadu but hes got the fat prick as his agent so we are shit outta luck there im sure. @SRCJJ this Campos dood also built Monaco in their heyday, he knows what he’s doing. I’d expect David to be the real deal and go on to crush it and be worth 3 times the amount they paid. That’s why Campos gets the benefit of the doubt on all his moves.

£25m seems a bit risky in the current climate but then I guess they can afford to splash a bit of cash given their outgoings. How does the amount compare to the prices they’ve paid on recent signings the last couple of years?

Ajax want Southampton’s Højbjerg

1 Like

Should be easy enough, he wants to leave – hence why he was stripped of the captaincy. Who else is in for him? He wants CL football.

Tottenham apparently wanted him

But who is it?

Leicester? If Soyuncu goes to city or something?

I swear he’s barely even made a dozen appearances for RM. Is he worth a punt if we lose an Auba etc?

@SRCJJ @Darkseid @Electrifying

I don’t think I’ve properly seen him play.

I think RM would want huge money for him and I don’t think he’s worth the punt. His career is 1 big season at Frankfurt in which all the stars aligned for him to play to his very best.

We have to be smart spending this summer more than any recent ones. There has to be better around with a higher upside than Jovic.

That said if we bring Jovic in - you won’t hear any complaints from me.

7 Likes

I prefer that lad from Celtic over Jovic, Edoarde or whatever hes called. Throw 50m using installments at them. Jovic reminds me of Podolski looking at his highlights

Like @SRCJJ said Real would want to recoup the money they paid and I’m not quite sold on him anyway tbh.

Odsonne Édouard is a more interesting prospect IMO as well as being cheaper, would much rather we go for him if we go looking for a long term Auba replacement.

4 Likes

Agreed.

Breaking up that trio of Rebic, Jovic and Haller hurt all of them and their numbers.

None of them have hit the same stride in their new clubs as when they played together (although Rebic has been good for AC I hear).

Definitely one of those cases where the sum of the parts came together and brought the best out of the individuals I think.

1 Like

Rebic looks great at Milan in 2020 after an awful first few months but like you said, Jovic and Haller suffered so they’re looking much like they need new moves.

2 Likes

I was quite high on Haller but dude has been a disappointment so far.

I saw Zamora on Sky recently who said he’s spoken to a few people at West Ham that said he’s really nice but quite soft, hope he isn’t on some Morata ish because he simply won’t last in this league if he is.

Can’t be a 6’3 striker and not able to put yourself about in the PL

hearing Gabriel and centre back in the same sentence brings back nightmares

Most clinical striker we’ve had since Pippo, hope he can keep it up and isn’t just another half season wonder like Piatek was.

1 Like