Other Clubs' Transfers

Fair points, however, it wouldn’t be on a free since his contract expires next season.

1 Like

Ahh, my bad, misunderstood/misread. Well, it would be interesting to see what the fee is first before considering the merits of the deal.

I just looked it up to try and find the story on him refusing the offer, and now it looks like apparently he may change his mind again and sign that contract with Bayern.

So moot point. But make no mistake if he signs, he’d be Liverpool’s best midfielder.

Only 30m for Thiago going by reports. If only we were in the bracket for him wanting to come here.

Nah I disagree, with Gomez and Matip that’s more than good enough as a partner for VVD.

they have world class mostly all over the pitch, 2 world class centre backs would improve them even more

Steal at that price

Great player but injuries have ruined his career. Still seem him adding serious value to their midfield though so he will be more than worth the risk imo

1 Like

They’ll buy Thiago for circa £30mil but wouldn’t stump up the cash for Werner?

Will be interesting to see how he fairs if they sign him

Has Wijnaldum signed a new deal yet?

They’re in talks, I imagine won’t be long.

@Darkseid Liverpool know what they’re doing with Thiago.

1 Like

Even so the PL is a totally different beast to the Bundesliga from a physical standpoint.

I still doubt his abillity to handle the rigours of the league especially with the way they play.

If this is true then you gotta wonder what happened between them

Lille is interesed in Jonathan David, Osimhen will probably leave them than, Crystal Palace is after Edouard according to L’Equipe. Would be sad to miss out on a young striker because of Lacazette.

yeah the mistake was not to extend him earlier (assuming you wanted to keep him in the first place)…letting him run to last year put all the leverage on him and the cost of waiting one year for him was dwarfed by the knowledge he could demand huge pay packet given no transfer fee.

Once we got to that point, no way we could shell out those insane $ to keep him… would have been as colossal a mistake as what we did with Ozil.

2 Likes

I’d be okay with it of we still sell Lacazette and keep Balogun.

1 Like

AFC unsurprisingly in the wrong quadrant.

1 Like

What has he done? Identify an extremely well known talent and signed him for a reasonable sum or is he being lauded for the negotiation element of it?

I think he’s just well known for buying good players for cheap and selling them on, like Pepe and now Gabriel and that other guy Napoli want.

@BigWeng_4LYFE knows more.

2 Likes