Other Clubs' Transfers

fair play to them for signing a top team player who is under 30, now him and Ramsey can have a children’s derby in the middle of the pitch every Derby d’Italia :mustafi:

4 Likes

That would be a massive hole in Spurs midfield

Sensi, Eriksen, Barella and Brozovic is an insane collection of midfielders.

1 Like

Eriksen is overrated as fuck. Stands out one game in four. Only reason this might be significant is because Serie A is a shit league in which a late twenties playing like mid thirties attacking midfielder might just stand out.

2 Likes

Maybe, but he’s been great for Spurs when they needed him this season.
Big loss for them.

I’m just going to act like I never read this travesty of a post.

All I wanted was your attention

1 Like

Interesting signing. I’ve heard a lot about how good he is supposed to be. This seems like the right career move for him anyway. Clubs like Leipzig and Dortmund hoover up these kinds of talents and develop them to sell them on.

I know sometimes we ask why don’t the truly big clubs sign these highly rated players before they move to said clubs but the reality is they probably don’t develop the same way without that mid point experience.

3 Likes

I think this is very true and it seems like a mistake a lot of younger “star” talents make. I feel like we often hear about the next Ronaldo moving to Real/Barca/Bayern for £70m aged 18 straight from some lower level club and then more often than not they flop.

I think playing for a Leipzig/Southampton/Bilbao/Sampdoria/Arsenal before making their big, big money move is really key in ensuring they develop sufficiently and are ready for such a big jump.

I think going from Lorient to Barcelona after a season or two is more often than not too big of a jump for an 18 year old talent and they end up not developing properly and stunting their potential.

3 Likes

Put some respect on our name! :joy:

When Martinelli and Guendouzi are tearing it up for Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively in 3 years time after leaving for a combined £300m I’ll refer back to this post as evidence of me being right :wink::wink:

1 Like

Surely Martinelli will sell for more than £50 million.

5 Likes

He’s worth at least that now imo, so assuming he continues the upward trajectory he should sell for a lot more (if he ever leaves which hopefully he doesn’t :stuck_out_tongue: ) :crossed_fingers:

It made me laugh that Inter used the #not for everyone in the post about signing Moses

1 Like

More people had questioned that marketing strategy in comparison with their origins. But Internazionale kind of has always been the ugly duckling of the three major Italian clubs. Now they’re using that to their benefit I guess.

Can you imagine?

He’s managed to fall upwards for a few years now. Won the WC without a goal or assist, was chucked from Arsenal and won the EL with Chelsea.

1 Like

Could bag a Scudetto with Inter too, if that move happens lol

He had 2