Other Clubs' Transfers

Absolutely none whatsoever, I’m definitely not desperately awaiting the next Danish player at Arsenal.

Definitely.

1 Like

I mean their hands are probably tied a bit by the fact that Eriksen told them to fuck off.

I wonder if he will go this window, though? He’ll probably wanna hold out until summer. He’ll likely have more options as a free signing.

2 Likes

Being shipped off after only five months

The Article saying he scored 9 goals in 43 games before they signed him is surely a sign hes shit/average.

Serie A seems like the place to send your shitters at the moment, hopefully someone takes Mustafi.

Moyes wants to sign Fellani. :arteta:

Seriously?

And Leighton Baines

2 Likes

Yes on SSN’s The Transfer Show

Van der Vaart definitely has no place on this list. His mentality was more a problem of not making it at top level.

1 Like

I still wish we had went for VdV. Also his ex wife was fire.

1 Like

He was a decent success at Spurs tbf.
Harsh to label him a flop for them.

3 Likes

Considering how big a talent he was at Ajax I feel he didn’t fulfill the expectations, but maybe just me :slightly_smiling_face:

Flopped at Real and only played for small clubs after that.

5 Likes

Of course he didn’t fulfill expectations. But that has nothing to do with him being an player who could only succeed in the Ajax system.

I’ve just looked up his goal scoring record and, before last season, he was averaging around a goal every other game but this season it’s about one in three so maybe AC Milan won’t stand in his way and are looking for an upgrade.

It looks like a straight replacement for Kane, who could be out for most of the season, and they are similar players so when Kane is back Piatek will be sitting on the bench.

He kneejerked. Should have waited for a decent club to come in for him like Bayern & Inter did with Robben & Sneijder

Piatek is a very interesting signing. He seems to have all the tools to be a success so this is potentially a VERY good signing for Milan.

But confidence plays a huge role in football and I don’t know if working under Jose is the right move for him. He’s clearly struggling in front of goal.

2 Likes

Three of Piatek’s four goals this season have been penalties. He has one non penalty goal and zero assists in 18 games.

Obviously he was more prolific last season. But lots of mediocre strikers seem to score for fun in serie a in the right situation. Quagliarella hit 27 last year, Immobile flopped at BvB and Sevilla but now has a great record at Lazio, etc.

1 Like

This isn’t really accurate. There are plenty of guys who have good goal scoring records in leagues and struggle to adjust elsewhere. There are players within the PL who can have good seasons and flop in the same league just moving to another team.

Piatek might thrive in a certain setup, with a certain coach and in a specific environment but that’s applicable to a lot of players. Immobile had a largely average goalscoring record, exploded onto the scene then got bought off the back of one good season. He struggled and is proving a bit of a late bloomer but that entire Lazio system suits Immobile. If you took him out of that team and put him in the current Milan set up, he’ll go back to scoring 10-15 a season.

Quagliarela isn’t and never has been average by the way. His prime years were robbed because of some issues with a stalker in Naples and it took him a while to recover from it. But he’s never been an average player.

Other than maybe Jaime Vardy, I can’t think of a Premier League player who hit 20 league goals in recent memory that I wouldn’t strongly back to perform in Serie A or really any other league. My point is that the reverse is far from true and so I wouldn’t read too much into Piatek hitting 22 last year.

I agree with you about Quagliarella but he is 36. That a player like him can score 27 goals says something about the league.

3 Likes