Other Clubs' Transfers

Says the guy who gets to drink beer at work.

6 Likes

My first actions as a technical director would be:

Go out for a drink with Mustafi
Spike his drink with rohypnol
Drag his ass to a brothel
Sprinkle some crack on him
Send pictorial evidence to Adrian Durham
Login to his twitter and leave a :back: :on: :top: tweet at 4am

Would get BASTARD sacked immediately.

Iā€™d then resign as there would be no greater contribution to the club than that.

16 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: dying

I get to work from home two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Only just started taking them and while it is great, so far Iā€™m not so sure that Iā€™m as productive and I feel disconnected from the rest of my team when Iā€™m not in the office. I also miss the face to face interaction around the office.

But the money and time saved commuting is glorious. I get up an hour later, can walk straight into my living room and start playing xbox at 5, I can stay up later.

But I definitely couldnā€™t work from home full time, like Cal I need to get out the house.

1 Like

I donā€™t remember ever having heard about that. Thatā€™s funny.

2 Likes

Iā€™m fine with the club taking its time to make the right appointment but this is getting ridiculous.

Surely they wonā€™t sign Pogba, Hazard AND Eriksen. Though iā€™d have no complaints about them stripping our rivals of their best players.

1 Like

Hazard and Eriksen in the same window, as well as Pogba, and all going to the same club.
I know they sold Ronaldo, and Bale is probably off too, but that would be the best transfer window of any club in Europe.

Whatever you think about Real Madrid, they are certainly backing their manager to the hilt in the transfer window.

Thatā€™s around 250m theyā€™re going to spend.
Take a zero off that total, and thatā€™s about what our board are going to be backing our manager with in the transfer window. :grinning:

1 Like

When you can negotiate your own tv deals, and take a percentage of players sponsorship deals, then you have a lot of money.

F. Perez said of Beckhamā€™s transfer ā€œWhen Beckham came we went from earning ā‚¬7m a year to ā‚¬45m a year through our deals with our sponsors. There are certain players who are very profitable because they have spectacular commercial repercussions that earn the club money.ā€

Itā€™s not rocket science.

2 Likes

I think Pogba will stay put. Real Madrid will go all out for Hazard, and Eriksen it seems.

1 Like

What happens to Isco and Asensio?

Surely Isco will leave. Not sure about Asensio

Thereā€™s an Arsenal shirt waiting to be filled right here for Isco.

3 Likes

Pogba to Real may be just a smokescreen.

Read he could head back to Juventus.

I think the interest is there(Pogba/Zidane) but Perez woupd probably prefer spending big on someone whoā€™s more of a sure transfer. The prospect of signing Pogba for a fortune in hopes that he doesnā€™t replicate his consistently average (for his talents) form doesnā€™t sound like the right thing to do.

1 Like

If Real Madrid go the whole hog and get a striker as well they could have have two players from spurs and one from Chelsea with an attacking line up of,

---------Kane--------
ā€”Hazard------Eriksenā€”

Or, even better, two from Chelsea and one from spurs with the worldā€™s best striker playing in front of them,

---------Giroud--------
ā€”Hazard------Eriksenā€”

I suppose the best thing about having no world class players is you canā€™t lose them to Real Madrid or Barcelona :wenger:

4 Likes

Asensio is a name I barely hear in 2019. Last year he couldnā€™t stop scoring bangers.

Is he not playing that much these days?

1 Like

Iā€™d give my left testicle to sign Isco.

Its the slightly smaller of the two so I reckon I could get by with just the one.

5 Likes

These days modern medicine means you can get by without both

3 Likes