Other Clubs' Transfers

Seems so! all gone quiet for the last month.

Dunno why you lot are taking Vida so seriously (:flushed::joy::joy: :arteta::cech::cristo::facepalm::auba::bellerin::giroud::wenger::unai::santi::ramsey::poldi::per::ozil2::laca::kroenke::ozil::kos2::henry2:
:welbeck:), think it’s pretty obvious it’s what @Craigie said a few posts back and he’s just a classic using Arsenal’s name to try and get a better move case.

Free up the number 4 jersey!

1 Like

Wow

Kovacic-Kante-Jorginho midfield for Sarri, with Hazard staying. Probably makes them favourite for 3rd.

Hear Kepa is actually very good but very very expensive, so surely Hazard will have to go as well for them to be able to fund that?

£71m for Kepa :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

Thank god they still have Morata because that midfield id say is possibly better than City’s.

Gonna have to park my pro-Kovacic agenda until next year where he’s back at Madrid and hopefully eventually in Milan

1 Like

I’m getting quite nervous about our prospects for the season. We’re losing the arms race!

We’ve 5th best squad atm

Loooool what a huge dropoff from SMS to Bakayoko.

Was SMS ever on the cards @Luca_from_Italy his fee seems ridiculous for a player like him.

Chelsea again doing a last minute madness then by replacing Bakayoko with Kovacic, what a fucking upgrade ffs.

Chelsea on a madness.

Kepa and Kovacic. What two fucking signings they are!!

1 Like

Proper club, Chelsea. If Sarri gets Morata going watch out, there’s still a player in there.

1 Like

Three way fight for the league between them Liverpool and City now.

We got cheap Leno and they get Kepa :disappointed:

I was optimistic when we brought sven and raul. But this transfer window didnt really impress me, our defence is still god afwul and a we still need a winger.

If Chelsea and united make their moves and we do nothing, 5th or 6th is our reality, i hope i will be proven wrong

Well as far as I know, they only got Kovacic for a year loan, no option to buy as far as I can see.

RM would be mad to sell him when Modric is now looking to leave too.

But yeah, it’s looking tough although I’m hesitant to proclaim anything based in transfers. Man united win the transfer market like every season and it never really shows so let’s see.

Sven and Emery inherited a shit team and Kroenke isn’t going to invest the money to bring the squad up to par with competitors. Our roster is worth at least 250M less than every other top 6 club per transfermarkt values. The only way we compete in the near term is massive investment, which obviously isnt happening. The only hope in the long term is that a number of young developmental players grow into elite players under Emery, as happened to Spurs.

2 Likes

Think we’ll nab N’Zonzi late on Thursday. It’s a rumour that hasn’t gone away the whole summer which makes me think he’s a backup incase we manage to offload some players.

Soyuncu rumours went cold late June too so I really think we’ll be initiating our stance again on that. Vida makes no sense whatsoever.

It really isn’t. Smarter investments like Torreira is needed

Take this summer for instance, we’ve spent £70m+ with no major outgoings. I really disagree with the approach this window, I think we could have invested much better.

1 Like

Indeed. This was obvious before the appointment of Emery. Hence why an appointment of a manager of his profile was the clear mark of incompetence and cluelessness.