Other Clubs' Transfers

We should sign Pavon and be done with it.

Or Bailey, Malcom but yeah not that dude.

2 Likes

checking his utube vids out right now. Doesnt seem to stand out tbf.

yes please, would love to see him in an arsenal sirt i think he is a player we will regret not signing later on if we dont now.

Have you ever actually watched Pavón?

I haven’t watched much no, but like what I read about him and he seems ready to make the move at this stage in his development.

I hope to see him getting some games at the WC, he was very good in their match the other day.

Seems weird to be preferring him to Gelson Martins based on that little. Fans are by their nature OTT but Boca fans have hated on him a lot, I read he hasn’t made much progress this season and remember reading Boca fans saying basically “Pavón, you can go”.

I remember the BVB fans saying the same about Auba, also saying he is a poison and good riddance…funny that.

I’ve seen Gelson and haven’t been overly impressed and also Gelson would most likely cost more.

Interesting that he divides opinion, most of the time these players are a risk, I suppose you can’t really be sure unless you’re a Dembele, Mbappe et al.

That’s rather different, Auba’s ability has not been in doubt for a while, Pavón’s is, and they were saying he can fuck off not cause he’s ‘poisonous’ but because he’s not developed/wasn’t playing well.

Sounds like sour grapes, he has the most assists in the Argentinian league. 17 assists and 7 goals in 31 games in all comps. Whether he can transition here or not is another matter

Pavon has serious trouble with his decision making and his first touch sometimes is awful. That’s the only negatives I can say about him. Instead, the positives are way more significant, can dribbling everyone around him and put a magnificent cross or go for the long shot and break the net. He also track down his mark. Is the best player in Argentina, for me, even more than Lautaro Martinez. He’s gonna play in the WC so you could look at him. His release clause is 36M USD and Boca already wants to renew it, for second time in six months.

8 Likes

Fair, didn’t realize he was making good end product already, just wasn’t sure where the huge confidence in him came from, now I can understand.

So he’s the new age Alexis? :grin:

Thanks for the post.

Emery is widely expected to play a 4-2-3-1 formation and I personally think Ramsey is most effective in a deeper midfield role alongside a DM. As we missed out on Fabinho and with Emery’s links to PSG, I’m thinking our best bet now for a good DM this summer is Adrien Rabiot. If Ramsey stays and signs a new deal there is also a good chance he could be made captain. A Ramsey Rabiot pairing in the centre of our midfield could be a strong combination particularly if we strengthen our central defence as well. It also means we would hopefully also look to sign another attacking player who could play alongside HM and MO.

Anyone got any other good suggestions for a good DM?

Leon Bailey has everything we need. I assume Leverkusen is a club which would keep the fee reasonable (read < €50 million). He has to be on Mislintat’ radar.

1 Like

Bailey will go for a lot more I think…

Pavón is the best player of argentinian league this year and he is only 22 years old, obviously he will have some problems with the decision making but in 1 or 2 years he could be world class and his prices could go way higher than 30M US dollars (his release clause).

That’s the guy I want.

1 Like

A bit overrated. Don’t want him.

Gelson Martins is over rated? I’ve literally not heard a single person talk about him, lol.