Other Clubs' Transfers

Interesting, I don’t think Villa would take it. Abraham and Watkins seems very so-so to give up Grealish for.

Pep is cutthroat like that so it wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

He’s been awful this season that’s for sure.

1 Like

I wonder how much he’d cost. His wages are huge though, 300k a week. So not one for us even though I think he’d fit in well here. Probably only United could justify that kind of outlay.

The only coach who ever had him firing was Mikel :wenger2:

4 Likes

Sterling plays a huge amount of games at City. He is an elite player who probably needs a bit of rest. Served them and Pep well and still got big performances in him for this IMO. He wont be leaving anytime soon.

2 Likes

No one is paying the kind of money city or Sterling would require to make this a remote possibility.

2 Likes

Took a quick look at the replies under that tweet, some of their fans are a bunch of spoiled brats, aren’t they ? The guy’s had one bad season and they want him gone, they should see what we put up with here.

And if this rumor actually has legs, it’d be based on something more than bad performances.

3 Likes

Sure but this won’t be a strange behaviour from Pep.
Pep is one of the most cutthroat managers out there.
Various examples throughout his career.

1 Like

Pretty sure Sterling is in the top 3 of minutes played since 2019.

1 Like

FFS

Big statement from Leicester this. Man Utd were really interested in him in January no?

I saw this and did some digging. Everton have actually been linked with Koulibaly recently. :rofl:
Not sure if anyone reliable has reported on it but imagine if that happens. Guy was City’s #1 target for CB last summer.

1 Like

Been rumours about Kouliably for years and years. Always ends up staying

2 Likes

De Laurentiis might have to let him go of they miss out on UCL. It’s now or never. He’s turning 30 in June. Won’t be able to command a considerable fee anymore after this summer.

In fact, we(Arsenal) might as well go for it. We want a RCB to replace Luiz. K² might be it. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Depay would be an interesting option IMO. He’s coming out of contract?

Has played a lot of #9 in the last few years at Lyon and would be able to play wide with Auba at CF. He’s in his peak right now. If we could flip Laca for 15-20m and get Depay in, it would give the attack more balance as well going 2-3 years younger. If we cannot replace Laca’s output I’m not against him just running his contract out and getting another season from him however.

1 Like

Apparently he rejected great offers from Juventus and some other clubs in recent months because he is fixed on joining Barca.
I think it was Fabrizio or some reliable French outlet that reported it.

Thats right, vaguely remember seeing something like that.

Now that you bring up Barca, Dembele on a cut price fee, whilst risky, could be the type of high risk/reward move we need to make and payoff. Abundance of talent is clear but hasn’t put it all together at Barca and has been riddled with injury. If Messi stays, and they bring in Memphis, along with Fati returning from injury and Griezmann, he might be the one they move.

Still 24 tbf. Don’t know if he fits here with Pepe and Saka here though. Similar profiles.
How much do you think he’ll cost?

Tough to say. Barca signed him for 130m and it might be hard for them to swallow their pride and sell for so much less.

I’m still a big fan of his skillset. I think somewhere around the 40m mark and I’d go for it.

1 Like