Only Norwich v The Arsenal (PL)

You do have to start wondering if Xhaka and Partey might be our best pivot right now though as things stand. I’m no fan of the dude and on more than one occasion may have referred to him as the footballing anti Christ but the last few games haven’t been terrible.

If you ignore Xhaka’s mild attempt to cripple.

Wolves game called off due to watford having too many cases. Not ideal playing them less than 2days after this while they will be fully rested.

1 Like

That’s the problem with Xhaka.
He always has the potential to do something stupid that leads to us losing points.
That idiotic tackle against Leeds, in a game we were going to win comfortably and were under no pressure, just shows he will never change his idiotic behaviour.

Considering what a strict disciplinarian he is supposed to be, I’m amazed that Arteta still picks a player that shows so much indiscipline and who is so volatile.

I’d prefer to see Sambi get a decent run of games alongside Partey.
Or replace Xhaka with a player that actually contributes to us winning points rather losing them.

3 Likes

Have we reported any new cases of Covid?

Seems we’re one of very few clubs who have kept a handle on the spread of the virus within the squad. Fair play to the management for staying so on top of it - must have been some stern directives given to the players.

1 Like

Lokonga, Chambers and Mari are out with COVID, Ainsley out with other illness.
I guess the club is more careful after what happened earlier in the season but in general we seem to be very tight-lipped on who’s out with COVID. We usually learn about it on the day we play.

1 Like

Following up on my previous post, looks like Lokonga and Ainsley are back to training with the team.
Unfortunately, Tomiyasu has not been training with us.

2 Likes

Game could be cancelled ?

Perhaps, I would prefer if it doesn’t and the Wolves game is postponed instead. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ainsley playing RB with the main team. I guess if he’s fit he’s gonna fill in for Tomiyasu.

1 Like

Cedric is just a terrible transfer, I still can’t believe we seriously signed him…and Pablo Mari for that instance.

Dead weight clogging the squad.

3 Likes

They are fine squad depth. Cedric has had mostly good performances for us whenever called upon.
Mari was fine at the time considering our CB options but I do think we are in a much better state now with CBs that he’s surplus.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You’re funny, I like you.

2 Likes

Given how we have played recently, Norwich are probably digging down the sofa for COVID cases.

3 Likes

Look around the PL and the rest of the world and see what squad depth some other “top” clubs have.
For a team that’s not in Europe they’re fine.

2 Likes

We simply have to rotate with 2 games in 40 hours though, so there’s no choice. I’d rather have a weakened side against the basement dwellers than against a Wolves side who have rested for 9 days and don’t concede many anyway.

1 Like

Ideal scenario is we belt Norwich then the Wolves game gets postponed for later in the year.

Tbh I’d take the Norwich game being called off and go full on against Wolves.
Norwich as a catch up game seems better for me.

3 Likes

I’m confident we’d win either in a catch up with equal rest, but yeah I wouldn’t complain with that assuming we still have Partey on the 28th.

1 Like

Rather just play both tbh, we’re in good form and I think we can take 6 points before a hammering against City.

Norwich are dogged with injuries and Wolves keep having games called off for Covid so can’t be fully fit either, even if they get a 9 day rest which is frustrating.

4 Likes