Venue Carrow Road
Competition Premier League
  • Norwich City win
  • Draw
  • The Arsenal win

0 voters

Thread title amended appropriately :grinning:

3 Likes

LGTM. Feel free to merge in your changes.

If Partey is out, I hope we continue on the 4-3-3 we sued against Sunderland with Martin and Emile as 8s. Xhaka or Elneny behind them.

Partey shouldn’t be out.

Norwich 0-2 Arsenal.

A bit tricky this one because it comes with expectation. Have to treat it properly and work hard. 1 3 if we boss the midfield.

3 Likes

Won’t be watching as boxing day and not on tv.

Hope we smash it again. COYG

0-2 Win for us if we play at the expected level.

1 Like

Nice OP using a table. It’s a rare sight these days. :grinning:

4 Likes

Feel like the thread title is tempting fate :grimacing:

2 Likes

Incoming

Nah, they’ve already won 2 games this season. They’re not due another for a while.

1 Like

I’m actually confident because for a change our attacking play doesn’t look terrible. We’ll still struggle against the top 3 but with our defense as it is we stand a chance of becoming flat track bullies again ever since we have found our scoring form.

Never want to go back to those terrible times of being unable to score more than 1 goal per game again

4 Likes

Yeah at the very least I want us to go back to being able to fuck teams like Norwich without really encountering any troubles

1 Like

They do look a bit better organised under Smith but I can’t see them getting anything more than a draw and even then I can’t see them scoring.

If we score early we could win by a few but it’s more likely to be a low scoring win.
I’ll go 2-0 with Lacazette and Martinelli.

1 Like

We are on a roll 5-0

1 Like

Yeah but if we win it’s “only Norwich” like it was earlier in the season

Personally I hope we keep getting these “only” wins all the way right up to the end of the season. Only some bread and butter.

2 Likes

It’s like you were saying earlier in the week. Keep winning the games that haven’t been postponed. The chasing pack will surely feel the pressure playing their games in hand.

3 Likes

Using the squad is going to be tricky especially if its true that our AFCON players are leaving right after this match. I think with another game on the 28th, especially against a Wolves team that just had their Boxing Day fixture cancelled and so will be very rested, we need to rotate a lot and that means playing all the African guys (bar Auba I guess) against Norwich.

My plan would be:

Laca, Martinelli, Odegaard, Pepe, Partey, Elneny, Tierney, Gabriel, White, Tomiyasu, Ramsdale.

Then against Wolves:

Eddie, Balogun, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Xhaka, AMN, Nuno, Gabriel, Holding, Cedric, Ramsdale.

I’m assuming Sambi and Mari are still out with Covid, no idea when they are scheduled to return.

I know that’s a lot of rotation but my biggest fear isn’t dropping points its playing keys guys into injuries that will leave us really fucked in the following couple weeks.

2 Likes