Only Norwich v The Arsenal (PL)

i think we will win by 3 goals or more

Isnā€™t it strange that we play Norwich for the second time this season before having played Wolves once?

2 Likes

When did we play Wolves? I canā€™t remember it :joy:

That lineup is losing to Wolves at home.

We didnā€™t, thatā€™s the point. Weā€™re playing Norwich again before we have played the 19th different team in the league.

2 Likes

Weird one that lol

It pretty much always works out like this tbh

Confident of an easy win, should make for some fun Boxing Day viewing.

4-0 to the Arsenal.

2 Likes

Hm, really? Never noticed it before!

Yea itā€™s pretty impossible to get it to work out exactly with everyone playing each other before a repeat with all the different things they consider. Itā€™s the kind of sad thing I take notice of :slight_smile:

Actually itā€™s always something that bugged me about FIFA/PES. They always just do it in sequence which isnā€™t real. Maybe theyā€™ve changed that since I last played though.

Have to play Pepe in this game imo. Use the confidence fresh off his good game in the cup and it saves one of the regular starters for the Wolves game.

If thereā€™s any PL game he can start it should be this one. Might even be worth trying him or Martinelli at CF because I doubt Laca can do 2 games in 40 hours.

2 Likes

No way I love Pepe but donā€™t change whatā€™s working in the league. People really underestimate consistency in line ups. Rotation isnā€™t always a luxury

1 Like

Martinelli-Laca-Saka against Wolves and ESR-Nketiah-Pepe against Norwich.
I wonder which match Arteta considers the toughest. Wolves can really defend if they want to and weā€™ll need to be at our best to beat them.
Norwich I think we can beat them with some players rotated.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think likeliest scenario is that Arteta goes with the same team in both matches. Perhaps Partey and Tierney are the only changes.

Arteta has done 4 league games in a row unchanged. The only change for this one, if any, will be Smith Rowe for someone

2 Likes

I do believe Arteta is trying to work towards an 11 he doesnā€™t have to change too often. A bit like Kloppā€™s Pool you know the team is great because you know every player in your 11 is perfect.

We arenā€™t there yet but I donā€™t think we need to tinker as much as we used to. For the last few years itā€™s always been X would be better than Y, because X isnā€™t playing. Though now I look at this defense and Iā€™m happy, I look at this midfield and Iā€™m content. I donā€™t even miss Auba who was once my favourite dude in the game.

I love ESR too but heā€™s scoring from the bench and Martinelli has shown his class. I say let it ride.

3 Likes

Ah see, if ESR comes in, I had him for Ode not Martinelli.

1 Like

Thatā€™s interesting, straight ten swap. Iā€™m personally in the line of thinking we canā€™t do without Odegaardā€™s influence in midfield at the moment, the way heā€™s stringing our passes together Iā€™m not even sure my boy can replicate.

I guess Iā€™m also I little weary to play Saka, ESR and Martinelli altogether, I know Odegaard isnā€™t much older but I think heā€™s beginning to be more of leader of the attack, at least I think Mikel looks to him for that.

Well Ode was the 16 year old wonder kid, so yeah he will have experienced the high life and pressure at Real Madrid.

I get your point. And I guess itā€™s a nice problem to have. ā€œWhich attacker to leave outā€. But Smith Rowe is in the best XI for me

Both are in the best XI for us. Iā€™ll let you guess who gets sacrificed for it.
Hint: :key: