Olympiacos Vs Arsenal (UEL Last 32 First Leg)

Thursday 20 February 2020
KO: 20:00 :clock8:
Karaiskakis Stadium
Live on BT Sport

This will be our 9th European meeting with them (9) only Bayern Munich (12) have we faced more

Olympiacos have won 3 of the last 4 home games vs Arsenal.

None of the previous 8 games have been draws

• Arsenal win
  • Draw
  • Olympiacos win

0 voters

1 Like

I prefer to say that we won our last game in Olympiacos 3-0.

Anyways I’m predicting a 1-1 draw in this one.

6-0 The Arsenal. I feels it I do.

1 Like

Our previous visit to Greece in December 2015

3 - 1 to the arsenal

1 1 Lot of noise but nothing much to see. Our Greek if selected to score from a corner.

That 0-3 was the golden ticket for determined Gooners after losing there three times in a row. Went twice and gave up. No more Olimpiacos, ever

1 Like

Ah finally time for us to stat pad with shit Europa teams hopefully, the way that bum used to do, in our 22 game unbeaten run which included like 4 of these abominable games.

And the games that kept him in that job way longer than he should have.

Time to use this as a confidence boost please

It’s so daunting realizing that we have to get through this many stages of this piss poor competition just to get to the final. What a terrible slog it is

2 Likes

Nah the knockouts are the best bit. We’ve done the worst part now

2 Likes

We’ve done the worst part but we still have to come through four ties to get there and I find that incredibly tedious considering that this is a competition that unless we go the full way and win, is an utter waste of time.

1 Like

Nah knockout football is never tedious. This is the only part of the EL I look forward to.

I agree, plus it’s a super weird feeling to actually watch us progress in Europe

4 Likes

I started enjoying it last season once we got to the Napoli tie and the Valencia one was fun also, but I really do hate the idea of once again going deep into this thing and falling short in the end. Obviously that’s football but we really do need to win this thing because it’s such a golden opportunity, and last season was such a wasted chance after we did so well to get through so many ties.

1 Like

It’s only one round more to play than the CL, yet people are acting as though we started in mid July against the Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar!*

*that’s actually next season if you were wondering

One more round is still fairly significant though. It’s two more matches which affects the Premiership matches around them because of the travel and fatigue, and obviously it’s an extra potential hurdle that can trip us up before we can reach a final. Four two-legged ties to get through is much less desirable than three imo

Am very interested to to see how Arteta sets up the team for this one. Will he stick with the same 11 or will he rotate. Arteta seems to have a few choices in a few positions. Eddie/Laca, Ceballos/Ozil, Martinelli/Auba, Torreira/Guendouzi, Bellerin/AMN, Don’t think Mari will start this game given how good Mustafi and Luiz have looked recently and the fact that this is an away game but there are still a few decisions to be made.

I would like to think we can win this but somehow a draw seems more likely. Two wins on the bounce might be too much for me and this team to handle :ozil:.

Even with our shit form we should be able to beat everybody in this competition, easy. Except for Inter that is.

The English teams wouldn’t be easy at all.

Playing them in the EL / a Cup competition is not going to be the same as playing them in the PL I reckon.