Olivier Giroud

Nahh, no way man. Klose was a class above.
A much better finisher first of all. A more complete finisher and a more complete footballer in general, not that it’s hard.
Able to create space for himself, decent pace. A much better athlete, also much better on the ball. Giroud was never that level of a striker.

4 Likes

I didn’t wanna be the one to say Klose was better than Giroud so your post is welcome lol

My agenda against Giroud invalidates my opinion on him in some peoples eyes

1 Like

You’re besmirching the name of Miroslav Klose, the all time top scorer in the World Cup with 16 goals in 4 World Cups? :joy:

Has a WC to his name as well as 258 goals and 134 assists in 668 appearances in all comps (not including the national team). That’s 1 gc per 1.7 games.

Waaaaaay better than Giroud haha

He got 25 goals and 13 assists in 26 games for Werner Bremen in 2005/06.

Managed 13 goals and 7 assist for Lazio aged like 37 as well.

He may only have been a 12-15 goal a season guy but he also got assists and had longevity on his side.

2 Likes

WTF???

In case you don’t know or remember, Klose broke Ronaldo’s WC total scoring record.

Yes, he once scored 5 (I believe) on a shit team, but he also scored against Brazil, Argentina, England in the WC.

Dare you compare Giroud to the great Klose.

Has Klose ever won the Puskás award before though? Giroud > Klose.

I am impressed no one has made a Klose pun yet.

I know he also won multiple Most Sitters Missed awards as well.

Giroud did the same with Montpellier to be fair,

Klose I remember as significantly better for the NT than on club level. I remember it felt like he scored in every fucking game he played with Germany, it was like death and taxes lol

2 Likes

Klose scored in 4 different WC tournaments.
Giroud not scoring once in 7 games as starting striker for France in 2018 WC.

There is the difference.

Olivier Giroud has been dropped from the France squad

lets-go

His run of 2 in 12 or whatever it is for Milan now must have got to them.

2 Likes

Most undeserved resume of all time.

A proper Friends reference would be Joey and his resume

2 Likes

Joey’s resume was a lie though.

This is all factual

shame he couldnt have been more useful to us though innit

He was useful to us. But most of us didn’t appreciate it. We apparently preferred to get rid and pay £50m for a worse version of him.

1 Like

what you are saying is not wrong, but i feel he could have done so much more for us also…those droughts he went on were so frustrating. He was so dysfunctional at times, and bringing in his dramas didnt help.

I’m not going to lie and say Giroud was a prolific goal scorer. We all know he wasn’t. But he brought more to the game than just goals. The problem was not him not scoring, it was the fact that we didn’t buy anyone else.

It’s not his fault we relied on him so much. The club should have kept him and bought Auba earlier.

The problem was not with selling Giroud. The problem was opting for Lacazette when Aubameyang was available.

With hindsight, we should have brought in Aubameyang in the summer and kept Giroud as a backup. Later replaced Giroud with a youngster of high potential. That way we wouldn’t be in a position now with 0 strikers.

1 Like