Olivier Giroud

Fuck. That. Guy.

2 Likes

Pleased for the big fella .
It seems to me if you want to win anything of any great distinction - leave The Arsenal.
Aren’t we a sad mid table outfit now .

4 Likes

Derek Fisher has 5 NBA championships and Chris Paul has never been to the NBA finals.

Fisher > Paul

1 Like

He played 27 minutes after the 1st leg round of 16 match. Integral part of the latter stages mate :sunglasses:.

2 Likes

Are you actually comparing Chris Paul to Alex Lacazette???

I was being sarcastic more or less, saying sometimes you’re in the right place at the right time.

Chelsea win the 2019 EL and 2021 CL with or without Giroud.

France win the 2018 WC with or without Giroud.

1 Like

True but the guy is Frances leading all time scorer or near to.

He is no Lacazette.

1 Like

I think he’s a very under rated although not brilliant player. Personally I still think we spent a lot of money to go backwards when we swapped him for Lacazette.

3 Likes

Arsenal fans are still bitter Giroud’s career hasn’t tanked like they thought it would after he left. Chelsea/France use him the smart way and Arsenal fans seek to minimise his accomplishments with title winning sides at every turn. Let it go! Arsenal took the L on this one

Don’t get the hate tbh he has a true underdog story

Success is never guaranteed in the CL or WC no matter how talented a squad is. Sorry you can’t revise major success like that

Plus he was top scorer in the title winning EL & CL campaigns. He had same or more meaningful impact in the CL for chelsea than players like Ziyech, Werner or Pulisic.

4 Likes

Henry is France a time leading scorer and it is staying that way…

I honestly think as I’ve said before Laca and Giroud is a much of a muchness, different players different strengths both nowhere near tier 1 strikers at a top club.

2 Likes

Giroud is tier 2, Lacazette is at least tier 3 or 4.

1 Like

Meh I’ve always thought he’d be a good off the bench option if you use him the right way.

I was just pissed he was our no 1 guy for 5 years after RVP left.

2 Likes

In a nutshell. Giroud wasn’t the answer when he was here and nothing changes if he’d stayed. Can show his medals when he’s finished but can’t add much content to the stories when retelling them.

2 Likes

He played 27 minutes in the last 6 CL matches combined…

1 Like

It never felt like he was going to be the main act. Couldn’t even get over 20 league goals despite being fed balls like a buffet. Doesn’t make him bad just means we should of used him differently. How Chelsea use him is how we should’ve and sourced a new striker (Not Lacazette).

I think some of the bitterness comes from when Leicester won the league, he went on a dry spell from January-May when he was needed the most.

2 Likes

You’re quantifying his contribution to prove your point but you can’t disregard goals in the group stage as part of a CL winning campaign, they only won the group by one point. You can’t disregard his key performance away against Atletico eventual La liga winners either

His limited involvement later is purely tactical but he played a strong role in the overall campaign

4 Likes

Well Giroud did score a crucial away goal against A.Madrid, which if not scored could have changed the outcome of second leg.

Giroud played in an infinitely more creative side so hard to compare

5 Likes

That’s a good point.
Giroud had Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey, Sanchez & Wilshere feeding him, whereas Lacazette worked with Xhaka

1 Like

To break the record of a PL striker not scoring for fifteen games, playing in front of a midfield that included top quality European midfielders like Ozil and Sanchez, is amazing.

2 Likes