Olivier Giroud

14 goals and 4 assist under Wenger. The very next season under Emery, Lacazette was on 13 goals and 8 assists in the League.

It’s a bit of myth making on your part that Wenger etched more performance from Lacazette than anyone else.

——

There was the Athletic article from a few months ago that claimed Wenger picked Lacazette over Aubameyang because of the latters supposed disciplinary issues.

2 Likes

Yesterday highlighted my frustration with giroud. The guy is capable of world class moments like his first and second goal yesterday but the problem has always been consistency. He can go from not being able to stop scoring to just not scoring at all. That’s the issue the guy has the tools but consistency separates the Messi’s from the Ben area’s of this world

1 Like

Ryan!

Where ya been?

I’ve been here every now and then but I inundated with so much work as we are low manning at work. Luckily for me I put my studies on hiatus for another year so not neck deep like mrhappy

1 Like

Ahh, I hope it eases up for you in the run up to Christmas. What are you studying? Juggling it with work is a total ballache :pensive:

I was studying psychology with mrhappy and we were going branch off into our sperate Fields. He has started his masters in neuropsychology and I was going to do clinical psychology

1 Like

That’s really good going, man! I know it’s a tough slog but all the best to the both of you with that.

It’s bound to reap its rewards once you qualify :blush:

1 Like

Hopefully I’m consistent unlike that French beanpole

3 Likes

To be fair, I think plenty of people were willing to give him a chance but it’s hard to balance a guy who scored some great goals with a guy who shit the bed in some important moments. That Monaco game gets brought up a lot for good reason, as does his scoring drought during the season Leicester won the league. He is an average to good striker who has had a very long career scoring some great goals. The problem is that if your ceiling is average to good, when things aren’t going well he’s average to below average. And we definitely saw some below average performances from him at Arsenal. Yes, he’ll probably always be a bit of a punchline because he won the World Cup without scoring a single goal while playing striker, but I don’t think he really gives a shit. He probably suffered from being played in a system that didn’t quite suit him while he was at Arsenal and ironically he’d suit Arteta’s new 600 crosses per game system better than Aubameyang does!

But I’ll always hate him for the way he acted like a total cheesedick after Baku. Fuck that guy.

5 Likes

Spot on, brother.

You’ve said it better than I ever could :joy:

Which part? The measured analysis or the part where I called him a cheesedick? I want to make sure I know what the people want to hear.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Laca was unfit under Wenger

A fitting epitaph for his Arsenal career really

10 Likes

Lol

And he scored again.

His link up play was so underrated. Back to the goal, there really isn’t a better player in the league.

3 Likes

His linkup play was never underrated! That was his best attribute when he played for us.

1 Like

If everyone agrees Giroud is underrated, does that make the tweet below false? :thinking:

Not gonna lie. I thought it was a good decision to sell him off considering his age and that we had Auba & Laca.

Props to him he is still very relevant

2 Likes