Olivier Giroud

What bollocks lol, he was incredibly overrated and adored by Arsenal fans, never heard such a shit player’s song sang so many times

7 Likes

We’ve had far more overrated players than Giroud . He scored some vital goals for The Arsenal
As for bollocks , you talk more bollocks than anyone .

1 Like

Any player that hits 100 goals for us deserves to have his name sung to be honest

Assisted or scored in every fa cup final as well.

Shame he turned out to be a dick after he left.

Yeah, AC just has it in for Giroud because he’s jealous of his rugged good looks.

I never come across people who love Giroud. I’ve spent a large portion of my time over the years defending Giroud. Not just on here, but to my friends, at matches, down the pub etc too. He might have been over rated by the odd few, but it wasn’t a majority. Wish it was, I could have put all that time to better use!

1 Like

Yeah same! I was always defending him too, and not just on here either.

I mean, the guy still got 100 goals for us which makes him a centurion. That’s gotta count for something.

Obviously that’s all completely stopped after he went to Chelsea and started running his mouth, now he’s a has been cunt in my opinion. Might as well retire.

1 Like

Giroud works if you play to his strengths, letting him be a strong target man and do flick ons etc. But other then that he’s never been a top top player. His style of play reminds me so much of a classic late 80s/early 90s forward. He was born 20 years too late but would still be a nice fit for Burnley.

Sarcasm!?

Giroud was never “overrated and adored” by Arsenal fans. He was the target of all the post RVP frustration and hate from day one.

To deny this is pure revisionism, Giroud received tons of abuse online and in the stands. It happens to all Arsenal players who don’t live up to the fans skewed “standards” regardless of any catchy chants

1 Like

Wouldn’t you want to stick it to your former employer if you had been replaced like he was? Way too late for the record. But I get where he is coming from. Especially if you had been at the club for so long and have achieved something (the 100 goals).

AC is a cock and likes the ‘sound of his own voice ‘

1 Like

I’ve never heard his voice. I imagine it resembles the dulcet tones of a Madrista

1 Like

With the (within the city limits) correctly pronounces ‘r’.

I’d probably balance that with the fact that they gave me an incredible amount of chances to prove myself despite nearly everyone with two eyeballs and a rudimentary understanding of the sport knowing that I was in no way good enough to be first choice for a club like Arsenal.

He never should have been anything more than a second choice/back up/chuck him on in the 70th minute kind of guy, but he was given countless, unwarranted opportunities to show that he was better than that.

What I wouldn’t do is move clubs and then start taking the fucking piss out of a club who had given me a great deal.

But each to their own.

Bloke’s a cunt.

1 Like

He may well not have much against Arsenal the institution, plus be on good terms with his former teammates, but rather just had one too many Arsenal fans shout “oi girood your shit” out of car windows

All speculation anyway, who cares. I hope he fails at Tottenham obvs and it just becomes an interesting side plot of does he score vs us in an NLD or can we prevent that

Fuck sake Giroud, I liked you man.

Giroud will link with Dele really well :frowning:

Spurs said yes, Giroud, Spurs said yes!

1 Like

What is this?! Have I missed an official announcement or something? He’s not bloody going to Spurs!

2 Likes

Sorry Phoebs, it’s officiel

5 Likes

Photoshopped. Obvs. Not even close to my level of photoshopping. Nice try though, but leave it to the experts next time, yeah?

1 Like

Nope.

Painted.

:bellend: