Olivier Giroud

I hate we persisted with 6 wasted years with Wenger more.

1 Like

His contracts up in the summer. He said he might go back to France

Welcome back Big Ole

I know you joke but he said he’s sick of being a bench player and wants to be the #1 for someone

Fair play if true, he’ll earn less at any French club not named PSG. Marseille might make sense for him.

He can go back to Montpellier. I assume he’ll be first choice there, but I don’t watch enough of Ligue 1 to know.

Lyon have open interest in him

4 Likes

Henry probs quite concerned now :sweat_smile:

He will need to score 18 goals until/at the 2020 tournament tho. He’s retiring after.

I so hope he gets another goal just so I can rinse his haters

1 Like

0 goals at the tournament that really mattered though :slightly_smiling_face:

20 of those 34 goals have come in friendlies.

P.S. I’m aware he has 4 major tournament goals before his ardent defenders try to jump on me.

1 Like

0 goals still wins World Cup :kroenke:

Couldn’t resist :wink:

1 Like

There is one record that will be more difficult to break, and that’s his fifteen match goal drought, for a striker, in the PL.

Come back when you can win the world cup without scoring as a main striker.

1 Like

He won the WC without a single shot on target :mustafi:

1 Like

You don’t need to score to contribute.

There’s a reason he continues to be picked and why his team mates are full of praise for him.

And anyway, there won’t be an * next to his name pointing out that he didn’t score.

2 Likes

With 0 goals and 1 assist I’m not sure there’s too much to praise him for :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Giroud is the only striker in the world so good at what he does he doesn’t need to score any goals because others do it for him :giroud:

1 Like

Seeing as they won it, if we’re talking about when it really mattered for Giroud to score, it wasn’t that tournament. Surely the tournaments in which it really mattered were the ones in which France weren’t as good and eventually winners?

At the end of the day, if you play every single game as a striker despite not scoring, you’re obviously doing something that pleases your manager. He took so few shots because he was clearly instructed not to and told that his role was purely to facilitate others, and he was humble enough to do that for the team. Though of course he would be smart to play that role as it was his way into the team and to be a World Cup winner, a position that his talent perhaps didn’t warrant. But credit to him for it.

It got him a world cup winners medal so I don’t think he gives a shit what his detractors say lol.

4 Likes