Olivier Giroud

I am bit confident that’s not the case.
Dortmund not landing a replacement is their problem.
We have been discussing with them since start of Jan.

Don’t worry, these players would have long retired by then :smile:

Haha like how getting a replacement for Sanchez was our problem and Man City got Sanchez last summer, right?

1 Like

This legit sounds like the tagline of a film. I can see Julia Roberts playing the female lead.

4 Likes

His wife doesn’t want to have dinner with wurstel and potatoes and prefers a luxury dinner in Mayfair :xhaka:

1 Like

They got the bid accepted on last day.
We did it almost a week before.
Difference.
High Performance. Delivered.

But he’s “useless”

1 Like

We need to sell him to get Auba. Get over it for once :slight_smile:

I’m still not over Szczęsny being sold for a pittance, so there’s not much chance of me getting over this one

1 Like

I know we are acting bad once again, but now that we are in we need to get this transfer over the line.

‘High performance’ in context of Arsenal is a risky term to use in any conversation.

1 Like

Really wish we could keep him around and still sign Aubameyang. Our CF depth and options would be crazy. If we stand any chance of stealing top four or winning the Europa League, our depth is crucial. But in a World Cup year it looks impossible.

Yeah this is the problem I have. I want to keep him around mainly for selfish reasons. I like him and think he is a good option to have around, particularly for the EL. But he will spend most of his time on the bench. Barring an injury, his game time will be very restricted. We are out of the FA Cup. He’ll probably make a few league appearances from the bench, but really his main opportunities will be in the Europa League.

Although he seems to have a good relationship with Deschamps, could he really justify picking Giroud in a season where so many other French attackers have made better cases for selection?

I guess if you love someone, sometimes you have to set them free :cry:

It’s sort of in Chelsea’s interests to not strengthen us more than themselves (we just about constitute a 4PT rival still) so why not stall on the deal as late as possible while trying to sign someone else and then kill it stone dead late on, denying us Aubameyang

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/DaveHytner/status/958369023238049793

Daylight robbery! His beard alone is worth more than that!

agreed tbh.

The knee slides are £20m by themself.

Finally. Aubaaaaa!

His beard is worth that?
Who is his beard?
Does this mean he is gay?

1 Like

that’s the amount of time I drive to work everyday, ONE WAY ONLY!!!