Oleksandr Zinchenko (35)

Technically, he is very talented. He’s a good player who could start at Leicester, West Ham and Newcastle. Would he definitely not start at United? I’d also rather him next to Partey than Xhaka.

Zinchenko is better than trying to control Gomes and Doucoure’ hospital passes.

1 Like

Arsenal are working on a deal to sign Oleksandr Zinchenko from Manchester City, The Atheltic understands.

Having already recruited Gabriel Jesus from the Premier League champions this summer, the North London side are now also aiming to bring his former team-mate to the Emirates Stadium.

The clubs are in contact over a potential transfer and it is believed that City are open to sanctioning the 25-year-old’s sale if their valuation is met.

That has not happened so far but talks continue, with Arsenal thought to be prioritising Zinchenko after missing out on Ajax’s Lisandro Martinez.

If an agreement can be reached with City on a fee and the Ukraine international over personal terms, Arsenal would be acquiring a player with whom manager Mikel Arteta has been keen to reunite.

They worked together when Arteta was assistant to City boss Pep Guardiola at the Etihad Stadium and are known to maintain a strong relationship.

Zinchenko arrived from Russia side FC Ufa in 2016 and has two years left on his contract.

Although he tends to operate in midfield for his country, Zinchenko has mainly been used by Guardiola at left-back. While that is a specific area of the pitch where Arsenal have been looking to strengthen, his versatility is certain to appeal.

Zinchenko has enjoyed huge success at City; winning the English top-flight four times and likewise the League Cup. He has lifted one FA Cup and played in the 2021 Champions League final.

Are we okay with this?

2 Likes

Very smart buy

4 Likes

Versatile

Depends on the fee

Also he’s very clearly being brought in as LB first who can fill in elsewhere

Good buy if he is not the last piece of business we do. Still need another midfielder and a wide playerat least.

1 Like

Would be stoked for this. Get it done Arsenal

2 Likes

Happy to take him given the Martinez deal fell through. Seems a sensible option as he has a similar positional profile (can deputise at LB and CM)

2 Likes

I’d argue he’s a better signing for us anyway

6 Likes

Definitely.
Proven at the top level, already playing in the PL and versatile for a position we need to strengthen.

1 Like

Yep, if our plan was to use Martinez as a LB then I think I prefer this signing to trying for Martinez at his current price. Cant see Zinchenko costing anywhere near that 50-60m range. Probably around half of that hopefully.

5 Likes

Yeah don’t mind this signing as a LB option assuming the fee is relatively ok.

2 Likes

Wonder which club will try to hijack this one.

United again? Spurs?

9 Likes

Lol I was thinking this too. The transfer teams at all the other clubs have been waiting on an Orny exclusive as much as we have been lol

3 Likes

Finally some news!

I like this

3 Likes

He makes the squad considerably more deep at LB and CM. If we can get him for sub £30m then I’d be happy.

Is he the sort of upgrade to the first XI we need to move higher up the table? I’m not so sure but at least we won’t be absolutely ruined when Tierney gets injured, or have to rely on the Xhaka / Elneny pivot for prolonged periods.

Arteta obviously likes his Citeh boys, so I’m worried we get rinsed on the fee. Saying that, he’s a very solid player technically and I think he has the potential to become a much bigger player for Arsenal

4 Likes

Why does his face look like it’s been photoshopped on :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t you know who won the pony.

Another one for those who thought we wanted Lisandro as a CB.

Anyway, Jesus and Zinchenko have great chemistry so this is another plus.

1 Like

At least this guy is an actual LB as his first position. Not a CB who has filled in at LB.

Would you be shocked to know he isn’t actually a LB either? :rofl:

3 Likes