OA origins/Favourite moments

That’s what the ladies call him.

1 Like

yeah big new zealand bavin

1 Like

I brought it back. Didn’t feel real without it.

10 Likes

privacy reasons. i don’t know, i don’t feel like it. (but it’s easy to guess given a list of old usernames).

sound like @AbouCuellar with his photos

2 Likes

I hate to break it you @Bl1nk, but you brought up the wrong thread my friend. This is the thread you were looking for:

Ironically Luke was the last poster in it. Guess people still have trouble finding stuff on here. Oh well.

Hello friends anyways, Hope you’re all well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Mysty is out of his summer hibernation :smiley:

Welcome back brother.

3 Likes

Haha, sorta. Though it’s been good having a break over the Summer instead of endless transfer rumours and nothingness that goes on with Football over the Summer.

@BigWeng_4LYFE (Mate what happened to your username ffs :sweat_smile: ) you actually joined July 2009, so it’s 10 years this month, same as @Cristo. Happy 10 years on OA. Have your gold badges :smiley:

And great to see the legend that is @Bavin back these days.

6 Likes

always good to see you @Mysty, hope you’re well

1 Like

Fair enough.

you wouldn’t make a good detective if you give up that easily

Wheey welcome back buddy!!

Nuts that’s been 10 years!!! Must be to the day almost for me.

4 Likes

August 2004. Nearly 15 years of OA :fist_right:t3:

5 Likes

OG.

Make me feel a newcomer having joined in October 2006.

I did love that vBulletin displayed post count and join date, although post count did have its draw backs coughlucacough

2 Likes

Yeah I actually miss the join date being visible and even post count too lol

1 Like

Remember we had signatures too? Those big images below every single post :wenger:

We even had a member ‘mouqeet’ offering to design signatures for free.

7 Likes

Some people deserved banning for the state of their signatures.

1 Like

It’ll also be 15 years of OA for me as well @SRCJJ at the end of the month. Can’t believe where all that time has gone! Never back then would I have imagined this place would still exist 15 years later.

Can’t say I miss signitures though, I had them off from Day 1 :poldi:

1 Like

Likewise. The scary thing is, with this new format of no pages in threads and one big long feed, it would be significantly worse having them now.

4 Likes

I vaguely recall a member asking, when we setup new OA 3 years ago, if it was possible to have them back :gabriel: Absolute no no.

Welcome back btw @Bavin. Missed your return while I wasn’t about it seems. I take it you’re back for good? :slight_smile: