OA origins/Favourite moments

It’s an antiquated version of a forum that. Goonersweb is still like that.

It’s like building a new kitchen from Wren only to keep the combo washing machine and tumble dryer you won on Bullseye in 1983.

Hahaha nearly as long as our last league title.

I joined just after our cup win in 2014, been reading the forum since about the time Eduardo broke his leg vs Birmingham in 2008 though.

Weird/creepy to think there could be people just taking in our every word for SIX YEARS and knowing things about our lives, but we have no idea about them

7 Likes

I don’t get how people can read the forum for so long without joining, I’ve heard about others doing it as well

2 Likes

I tbink my reason was then I read more sporadically, I knew once I started engaging being an active member it would take up more of my time… which has proven to be the case.

3 Likes

you was just intimidated by some of the tough guys like doc and calum, admit it :wink:

1 Like

@Aussiegooner I read the forum sometimes when I’m ever away for long periods of time but it’s just not the same

Didn’t you also used to mainly read on the old forum? Or was it you posted before and drifted away and came back cos we’re all so great?

I see it the other way, I’m shocked that some people can spend a significant amount of time reading all the absolute shite we talk and think, “damn I need to get in on that.”

5 Likes

I think it was mostly down to the old Forum not being mobile friendly, so probably made it hard to keep tabs on OA very often… Of course since new OA was made, she’s made herself very much at home :cristo:

I read more than I wrote on the old forum. But didn’t read that much, would go months without visiting the place. I became more regular because it joined the 21st century :smile:

Yes, what @Mysty said :arrow_up:

1 Like

And despite your lack of posting on the old site, I still remembered you and that Bergkamp avatar :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I only remember Jade from the new site, been a great member though, my lost liked post member just behind is Jakey

June 2008 :champagne:

1 Like

My signature was absolutely badass. Will have to dig it out.

Pretty sure I joined in Nov 09, so coming up on a decade too

2 Likes

Flamin’ voyeurs, I tell ya :unamused:

Wow what a throwback!

I practically grew up on the old oa I was just a nipper back then god I posted alot of crap but… I was young and foolish.

I’m all grown up now.

Glad to be back!

Ile be at the Emirates for the Lyon game sunday if anyone meeting prior!?

8 Likes

Welcome back. I think you’d kind of left by the time I started posting but your name always popped up cos you had so many posts. :slight_smile:

Blast from the past lol

1 Like

my first friend on OA, I wasn’t expecting for you to return :slight_smile: welcome back, btw you are the ginger guy? I’m thinking of the right person