Nottingham Forest

It was a matter of them having to buy this number of players rather than wanting to.
They had 5 key players on loan that returned to their mother clubs.
6-8 players out of contract that left the club.
So they had to replace all those + strengthen to try and stay in the PL.

Not defending them but people keep going on about them buying 20 players without understanding the story behind it

2 Likes

Fuck Forest. Famous only for giving us a set of shirts once upon a time.

1 Like

Can’t ignore them two European cups though.

3 Likes

Or the instant league success upon promotion.

3 Likes

What Nottingham Forest did to win promotion, then win the league title and two successive European Cups, was astonishing.

The equivalent scenario in this era would be Nottingham Forest getting promotion from the Championship, then win the PL title and two successive Champions League titles.

2 Likes

Cooper needs to scrap this five at the back nonsense - it’s not working.

1 Like

Being promoted to the top division, winning that division and then winning Europe twice would be the same as being promoted to the top division, winning that division and then winning Europe twice.

You sir, are one of the finest football minds on the internet.

What I meant was that Nottingham Forest when Clough become their manager were about as relevant then as they are now.

It’s hard to argue against him being one of the greatest managers, considering what he also did with Derby as well.

1 Like

Yeah no argument with that. Just the way you put it amused me.

1 Like

Good news. Up the Forest!

Be amazed if he lasts October

1 Like

They should give him a few games to turn it round but I don’t think he’ll stay if they lose to Aston Villa.

1 Like

Bad move for Forest. Out of his depth I think

He brought the team up. Problem is it wasn’t this one.

3 Likes

What a payout he is getting when they sack him

Pretty funny that there was talk of Benitez in the wings and he signs a new contract a few days later.

Good for him

It’s a great move from Forest. Refreshing to see an employer do this.

6 Likes

Fair do’s to them for sticking with the guy, I guess. No pressure, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They’re gonna look foolish when they sack him before Christmas now.