Nottingham Forest

Lingaard and Dennis would be two excellent signings for them

Denis would be a great signing, but canā€™t see it happening. Awoniyi appears to be the big summer signing.

1 Like

Agreed, if they can get him as well dennis very likely they stay up.

2 Likes

We should try for Dennis.

1 Like

Would be a waste of money if you ask me. Weā€™ve got Nketiah as our second choice striker would rather save the money and use on a winger to play on the left

We need an additional striker given that weā€™ve got rid of two in the last 7 months and only replaced them with one.

Dennis is also arguably better than Nketiah.

2 Likes

Not worth spending Ā£25m on a third choice striker who even you think is only arguably better.

Iā€™d back Nketiah all round game and potential to grow this season over a gamble on someone whoā€™s form tailed off last season

If we signed him I would be happy but I just think itā€™s a bad way to spend Ā£25m given heā€™s probably going to be our third choice striker which is basically someone we should never need to rely upon for more than a few games a season

3 Likes

Is Dennis actually valued at 25mil? Thought Watford only signed him for 9mil or so.

Thatā€™s a big leap.

Iā€™m sure Arsenal could negotiate less than 25 for him if they made an offer.

Iā€™ve not seen a fee of less than Ā£25m quoted in any discussion about him so Iā€™m totally taking that figure from transfer gurus and nothing else lol

Watford probably arenā€™t hurried to sell him and his numbers were good with 10 goals and a handful of assists too.

With all that business done and I would presume more to come, do people think Forest will survive next season?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Survive this season. Down the season after.

I canā€™t see that. I think if they survive this season theyā€™ll proceed by pushing again next summer in the transfer window.
Marinakis looks desperate to stay up in the PL.

1 Like

Second season syndrome is a a real thing though. Watch Brentford go down.

I think that happens to teams that donā€™t particularly invest. I think if they have another summer next year where they strengthen considerably theyā€™ll probably be in a position where theyā€™ll be closer to 10th than 18th.

Be deserved after allowing Leeds to stay up.

1 Like

My favourites to go down this season btw are Everton, Bournemouth and one of Fulham/Brentford.

1 Like

Glad to see youā€™re over that

1 Like

Brentford will go down. I actually think this will be the year Fulham donā€™t yo-yo.

See, Iā€™m leaning towards Fulham going down myself. I think Brentford have too good of a structure to go down. I think theyā€™ll have a scare but end up surviving. Thereā€™s a good reason they used to be raided by PL clubs when they were in the Championship every year.
Plus, I donā€™t trust Marco Silva not throwing a fit midway through the season and causing more instability for Fulham.

1 Like

Fulham have surely learnt their lesson by now. I am going for Bournemouth, Brentford and Leeds.

1 Like