Nicolas Pépé

7 Likes

Should dress him down and get his kit off before the game so he can’t actually play.

Horrible today. I like him, but he’s finished here.

Job #1. Get rid.

Hopefully we can sell him instead of a loan.

I figured out a while ago, one of his biggest isssues is actually the sheere lack of strength, ability to keep the ball in those 50-50 situations… Bacame obvious when I noticed how much better Saka is in those situations. He’s actually quite strong for a winger of his age (unless he’s playing agains Chiellini :slight_smile: ).

He’s just gets violated almost every time he tries to guard the ball, most if time he doesn’t even try to do it, or just struggles massively when he does it.

I just hope he finds a new club as quickly as possible. I guess he’s still highly rated in France.

1 Like

Pretty sure that was his last appearance in the shirt.

Yep hasn’t come on for ages

i was all for him to show his worth and get a few games, but now i am sick of him if he wants to play like a prat he can clear off.

1 Like

Fuck he did offer absolutely nothing when he came on, I do think he has checked out though and has lost all confidence knowing the manager has zero faith in him.

1 Like

Ridiculous

Here’s the clip

He could have easily knocked the ball upfield and win that sprint vs the leggy defender.

3 Likes

Any clubs interested in buying him?

1 Like

Farmers Ligue 1 Pepe would have just knocked that ball straight ahead and gone all the way to goal.

I think his confidence is shot but also don’t think we need to bear the negatives of that any longer.

7 Likes

Yeh this looked like one of his primal talents when watching his clips of him in that Lille team before coming here. He was a counter attacking machine and looked comfortable enough eating up the yards. In fact, I’m sure one of his earliest performances against Liverpool was when he skinned VVD and thinking what an outlet we have on our hands.

He’s mentally done.

2 Likes

Yeah I remember being so excited about his counter attacking potential after the first few games, especially the Liverpool won where he ate Robertson and VVD alive a couple times.

His lack of confidence is glaring and it’s better at this stage to cut our losses and let him try his talents elsewhere.

I’d love for him to be a success somewhere else

4 Likes

Would kill it in Italy.

I hear this all the time but what does that even mean? Is it a league of 20 teams that all sit back and let people kill you on the counter?

He’d kill it at any team, in any league so long as they line up like Lille did and play in a way that suits his talents.

He’d smash the PL if he got 38 games a season playing 90 minutes and being allowed to play in the way Lille let him.

Only thing getting smashed would be his coaches head against the wall

Honestly this is fantasy IMO, he’s been exposed here pure and simple

1 Like

It means that Italy has a couple of top clubs that he would start for and be treated as the star that he is.
I think a proper change of scenery would be refreshing for him.
I don’t want him to end up in a Newcastle or somewhere else in the PL.

Don’t get it twisted. Serie A is the second best league in the world. Clear of La Liga, Ligue 1 and Farmersliga.

Nobody’s touching him in England now.