Nicolas Pépé

Depends on your perspective, I suppose. When I was 24 I didn’t think of myself as a boy. Looking back at 61, I was just a lad.

1 Like

One good season and we’re paying £72m for him.

Madness, lets see if it can translate to the Premier league otherwise we might have egg on our face!

I didn’t realise he was so old, 24 years old before his breakout season in Ligue 1 is a bit worrying

1 Like

Why is it…not every player breaks out in their teens…if he was 28 or so then maybe there will be some worries

He was 23 most of the season and when exactly should a player start producing 22 goals and 11 assists in a season?

2 Likes

One thing Wenger was right about is that a player becomes established around 23 years of age, and that’s when you see their true form. We’ve bagged a player who is ready to hit the ground running and only get better. Not worried about his age at all.

7 Likes

be quiet you!

4 Likes

Oh yeah… Arsenal aren’t capable anymore to attract top players, Arsenal can’t compete for top players without Champions League football, Tottenham Hotspur are the first team in North London, Everton and Wolves will be better in two or three seasons.

It would work nicely in white writing on a red cap.

3 Likes

Pretty sure Dani Ceballos has got something to say about that.

Literally, I mean.

1 Like

I was under the impression he was 20 or thereabouts

It wasn’t just a good season, it was elite. Its perfectly fine for us to be signing him after this past season.

He’s on the right rate of progression, 24 isn’t old. He’s not in his prime years and still has plenty of upside.

Which players barring the Mbappe’s, Messi’s, Hazard’s, Ronaldo’s et al are having the season he just had before age 23? Not even Salah and Mane had achieved such numbers at that age.

5 Likes

Aim since 2017 being realised, tears in my eyes.

Saliba in defence soon too :wenger2:

Relax lads, hes literally just about to hit his peak and continue being a baller. Lat season was his breakout and he will continue in that vein god willing.

I was just about to say, I think we all thought he was way out of our reach before the summer, and we were all salivating at how good he was, even last summer before he had his breakout.

It was him, Sarr, Zaha etc. and Pepe was most peoples’ ideal choice for a winger but none of us actually thought we’d get him now. So we looked at Sarr etc, resigned that Pepe would go to PSG/Bayern/City.

But he is here. There really shouldn’t be doubts that we are getting a top top player. And we should expect top performances after a settling in period.

Fans of literally any big club in Europe would have loved for him to sign for them.
Liverpool and United fans were ecstatic when they were linked.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see this guy in action.

The sight of defenders shitting their pants whilst frantically back peddling…will be glorious. Had enough of Salah, Hazard and whoever the fuck embarrassing us. Time to give some pants shitting back.

9 Likes

As usual AbouCuellar ahead of the pack. :innocent::cowboy_hat_face::flushed::partying_face::partying_face::cowboy_hat_face::clown_face:

@Moondoggie read what I said, I fucking knew you were gonna respond to that with some shite about the 21st century and some self-congratulatory pop political correctness self back patting that totally missed the point :joy::joy::joy: Robot shit.

And nah m8 thanks for your concern but my blood pressure is low as fuck, docs always flag it at physicals, part of the reason I keep a constant stream of caffeine running through my blood to keep me awake while working :heart:

Also entering the 21st century this would be referred to as an NPC, lululul robot :joy::joy:🖒🖒

1 Like

How many cups you drink a day u reckon? I can easily smash 5-6 big cups of coffee depending on how much i need to get done. #caffeineIsLyfe

1 Like

Lol had never heard of it, and though I hate to align myself with what would seem to be a right-wing yankee phenomenon it is a pretty clever way to refer to these people, gotta say. :grimacing:

Finally something we can agree on. I would get in a bigger dick contest about how much caffeine I drink with you, but like the other one, I’d win it. :cristo:

1 Like

Why are you bringing penis sizes into a coffee conversation? Whats the deal?

It seemed like a tidy way to take a shot at you for your vomitive siu shit while tying a tidy bow on the conversation, but fair point.