Nicolas Pépé

Pepes stats last season

Adidas must be delighted we signed Pepe and broke our transfer record to get him…

I would think arsenal themselves are happy with the transfer too

4 Likes

I think 9+ non pen league goals is a reasonable ask for his first season

I’m expecting 10 of each (goals and assists) for that kind of money at the very least lol

10 Likes

Yep, 10/10 would be a decent return, hopeful for more, we’ve got quite the attacking fire upfront.

1 Like

Exactly lol, if we wanted a winger to not scores goals we could have just kept playing Iwobi for free.

1 Like

@sevchenko @SRCJJ @wilshambition whilst he is already 24 years old he is still relatively unexperienced. I’m also not sure it’s as clear cut for Pepe to be a star as it was for Hazard. So I’m not sure 10+ goals (and assists) is fair expectation in his first season. The money that’s been paid for players this day and age means nothing tbh.

1 Like

He had some of the best stats in the whole of Europe last season. Good age too. He’s gonna smash it.

4 Likes

Yup as that tweet i posted above he was the only player with messi to record 20+ goals and 10+ assists…that is good going, especially for a winger not an out and out striker

2 Likes

I hear you tbf. Though, Iwobi was involved in 9 goals last season in 35 apps. I would hope basis that, we get at least 15 from Pepe and I don’t mind if it’s in the form of goals and/or assists.

Either way, I’m just chuffed we got someone quality in a positon we’ve been deprived in for years. Right now I just want to see him give 100% and then he’ll smash it :pray:t3:

The money absolutely does mean something. When you make a player one of the most expensive to ever be signed then it’s very reasonable to have an expectation that he’ll produce very good numbers.

I can’t get behind the idea that a 24 year old who cost €80m should be expected to produce any less than what I’ve posted tbh.

Especially not when he posted the numbers he did last season. He’s got a better team around him now and even though it’s admittedly a significantly tougher league, it isn’t unrealistic to expect him to give us 10 goals and to provide 10 assists.

3 Likes

Let’s hope he’s not a one season wonder (ie S. Ireland, Santa Cruz)

I know Arsenal for a long time have been looking to sign a physically strong but pacy winger (M. Niang - few years back). Hopefully Pepe will deliver for the fee being reported; if all goes well, I can see him becoming a central forward in the long term.

Genuinely excited to his link up play with Bellerin and Cabellos slicing the defence with the through balls to Pepe.

We’ve lacked creativity and width for a very long time - with Pepe/Cabellos filling that - I am sure Ozil will be able to excel as he did at RM as he was around established players.

2 Likes

:crown::crown::crown:

18 Likes

But why doesn’t context/nuance matter? We’re talking about a boy who has ‘only’ 2 or 3 years experience in Ligue 1 and was still a 3rd division player at age 20. Just because Lille fucked us in the arse with a big dildo that isn’t changed.

In essence, this c’nt better do good

2 Likes

So delighted that this was finally announced! Feeling the most excited for our future then I have in a while… the signings continue to show that there’s a whole new level of intent from those behind the scenes and may it continue!!

I love the three pics of our attacking trio, and also spotted this tweet below it:

14 Likes

Boy? Bloke is 24 years old tbf. Hardly a boy anymore.

4 Likes

#makearsenalblackagain :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes