Nicolas Pépé

It would work nicely in white writing on a red cap.

3 Likes

Pretty sure Dani Ceballos has got something to say about that.

Literally, I mean.

1 Like

I was under the impression he was 20 or thereabouts

It wasn’t just a good season, it was elite. Its perfectly fine for us to be signing him after this past season.

He’s on the right rate of progression, 24 isn’t old. He’s not in his prime years and still has plenty of upside.

Which players barring the Mbappe’s, Messi’s, Hazard’s, Ronaldo’s et al are having the season he just had before age 23? Not even Salah and Mane had achieved such numbers at that age.

5 Likes

Aim since 2017 being realised, tears in my eyes.

Saliba in defence soon too :wenger2:

Relax lads, hes literally just about to hit his peak and continue being a baller. Lat season was his breakout and he will continue in that vein god willing.

I was just about to say, I think we all thought he was way out of our reach before the summer, and we were all salivating at how good he was, even last summer before he had his breakout.

It was him, Sarr, Zaha etc. and Pepe was most peoples’ ideal choice for a winger but none of us actually thought we’d get him now. So we looked at Sarr etc, resigned that Pepe would go to PSG/Bayern/City.

But he is here. There really shouldn’t be doubts that we are getting a top top player. And we should expect top performances after a settling in period.

Fans of literally any big club in Europe would have loved for him to sign for them.
Liverpool and United fans were ecstatic when they were linked.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see this guy in action.

The sight of defenders shitting their pants whilst frantically back peddling…will be glorious. Had enough of Salah, Hazard and whoever the fuck embarrassing us. Time to give some pants shitting back.

9 Likes

As usual AbouCuellar ahead of the pack. :innocent::cowboy_hat_face::flushed::partying_face::partying_face::cowboy_hat_face::clown_face:

@Moondoggie read what I said, I fucking knew you were gonna respond to that with some shite about the 21st century and some self-congratulatory pop political correctness self back patting that totally missed the point :joy::joy::joy: Robot shit.

And nah m8 thanks for your concern but my blood pressure is low as fuck, docs always flag it at physicals, part of the reason I keep a constant stream of caffeine running through my blood to keep me awake while working :heart:

Also entering the 21st century this would be referred to as an NPC, lululul robot :joy::joy:🖒🖒

1 Like

How many cups you drink a day u reckon? I can easily smash 5-6 big cups of coffee depending on how much i need to get done. #caffeineIsLyfe

1 Like

Lol had never heard of it, and though I hate to align myself with what would seem to be a right-wing yankee phenomenon it is a pretty clever way to refer to these people, gotta say. :grimacing:

Finally something we can agree on. I would get in a bigger dick contest about how much caffeine I drink with you, but like the other one, I’d win it. :cristo:

1 Like

Why are you bringing penis sizes into a coffee conversation? Whats the deal?

It seemed like a tidy way to take a shot at you for your vomitive siu shit while tying a tidy bow on the conversation, but fair point.

I have a small weiner but it gets hard like rock.

6 Likes

Feckin hell you are the best mate :arteta:

1 Like

People get too caught up on individual goals and assist numbers instead of what players can bring to the overall team performance.

Main thing we need to see from Pepe is intelligent and dynamic wide play on a consistent level.

Since Alexis in 2017 we’ve not had wingers that know when to play aggressive, take on their man, pull it back, link up, time their run, cut inside, take on a shot, buy time etc. This has been an absolutely huge problem for us and indirectly costs us a lot of games especially away.

He seems to have all of these facets on lock and that’s what’ll make the big difference. His confidence looked on another level last season. Whether he bags 8/10/15 goals for himself is only worth anything if it’s a result of providing the team with a whole new dynamism. That alone should cancel out some of the defensive fuckups.

I’m honestly confident given his skill set that he’ll sync well in our 4-2-3-1 system with the surrounding players but you can never know for sure.

6 Likes

That comes from the fantasy football/ video game mentality. It’s how a player contributes to the team as a whole that’s important.

1 Like

Is it really though? As a forward at a top club if you’re not posting up the numbers then you’re not quite doing your job, it’s not just about numbers of course, however, that is invariably how they help their teams.

I’m not going to say I necessarily expect 10 goals and 10 assists in his first season but a player of his skill set is perfectly able to achieve that and I expect circa those figures by his second season.

1 Like

Or the fact that goals are very important in football? lol

4 Likes

What are the numbers and who’s dad decided this is the benchmark for all football? There’s never gonna be consensus on this. It’s just opinions and there’s strong evidence in terms of results on both sides.

Real Madrid managers, World Cup winning managers… they’ve gone with a different mindset for their teams and they made it work.

In my opinion these players job is to help their team win. Whether they achieve that through scoring X amount of goals or not I don’t give a shit. Success in the top tier of football has always come from the system as a whole. The Golden Boot tally is just a side show.

1 Like