Nicklas Bendtner

We should get an ugly looking manager next. Iain Dowie. No amount of airbrushing will help you change his appearance :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@LordBendtner

2 Likes

@shamrockgooner

Just listened to the Arsecast with Nicklas Bendtner on it. I was surprised by how honest, introspective and down to earth he was.

It’s a shame, and sounds stupid, but it feels like he needed like 10 years life experience to actually get what was needed of him on the pitch but by then it was too late. Like, if you could put 32 year old Bendtner in his 20 year old body I actually think he could have become a top striker. He just took too long to mature.

The love he has for Wenger and the club is surprising to hear to be honest, but also very welcome and he seems very self-aware.

Personally it sounds like he was just a hot head who turned to alcohol to deal with his failings and that was his downfall, but still an overall decent guy with a lot of talent that he let go to waste.

4 Likes

Totally agree. Bendtner had every attribute you could want, aside from the mentality. Ultimately that can often be the most important thing.

As a long time member of the NB52 defence alliance I can honestly say it’s a real pity we never got to see his true talent play out.

2 Likes

Hadnt he broken his ancle after scoring the winning goal against Cardiff in December 2013 we would have won the league. Remember we had to cope with the lamppost all season.

Its a bit wild we had peak Cazorla, Özil and Ramsey and up front we had fucking Giroud and Bendtner lol

1 Like

Yeah it’s very frustrating and does leave me with a huge sense of metaphorical footballing blueballs. Just waiting so many years for him to come good, like Walcott as well.

Oh well that’s football, and at least it seems like he’s had the mental fortitude to come to terms with it and himself.

2 Likes

That’s how it’s always been for Arsenal.

We either had the midfield and attack but lacked the defence, then we had the defence and midfield but lacked the attack, now we have the defence and the attack but lack the midfield.

We haven’t had a complete squad since 2007/08.

2 Likes

This is the closest we’ve had imo

2 Likes

Yeah we the addition of Partey it is, we’ll just have to see how he slots in and how he is utilised.

1 Like

Mate there was nothing “top striker” about Bendtner. Let’s be real here, his mentality was probably his strongest point because he believed in himself and believed he was better than he was. Maybe his application failed him and stopped him having a better career but he was an awful player for most of his career who just happened to have the occasional good game here or there.

Had he applied himself better he might have ended up having a decent mid table career but there was nothing “top” about him lol. He ranks high up in the list of worst players to play a considerable number of games for Arsenal.

2 Likes

Better than Peter Crouch though.

1 Like

Imagine Arsenal Football Club tweeting this about Nicklas Bendtner.

The defining moment of.his career? That miss at the Nou Camp.

Next!

Shagging a taxi obviously.

3 Likes

I’m currently listening to this via Audbile, fuck me this guy is so so deluded, half the time I can’t beleive what I’m hearing… Are you really that much of a fucking moron? Seems the answer is an astounding YES!

I Am Nicholas Bendtner

3 Likes

That leap. Cristiano Ronaldo eat yourself.

3 Likes