Nicklas Bendtner

Not an extract from his book below but a classic nonetheless.

"One of the categories is called ‘self perceived competence,’ i.e. how good the player himself thinks he is,’’ Crevoisier told Swedish magazine Offside . ''On a scale up to 9, Bendtner got 10! We have never seen that before. Pat Rice [Arsenal’s assistant manager] was sitting next to me and couldn’t stop laughing.

"When Bendtner misses a chance, he is always genuinely convinced that it wasn’t his fault. You might say that’s a problem, and to a certain degree it can be. But you can also view it as this guy has a remarkable ability to come back after set-backs.

11 Likes

Fucking love that

1 Like

Crazy to think he’s only 31, I thought he be 36 or 37 now. What a wasted career.

One of those players if he wasn’t as mad as a hatter could have been a good solid squad player and would have ended up with a lower PL side or top Championship side or ended up having a great career in a mid tier European league. But the worse thing for a professional footballer is to have a massive ego but in the body of a average player. He scored a good few goals and got some interesting moves, to Juventus and Wolfsburg. Found his level in Danish football. As mad as a bag of monkeys though.

1 Like

Haha this guy is a fucking idiot :joy::rofl:

Also that Wenger “see you in training” is fucking cold as ice

4 Likes

I really need to read this book. Got it sat on my shelf but haven’t got around to it yet.

3 Likes

Yeah me to, I bet it has some classic stories in it, at least from Lord Bendtners perspective

1 Like

My parents say it’s an absolutely banging read.

1 Like

I love Bendtner, that jump for the corner vs Spurs was one of the biggest leaps I’ve ever seen. Fuck Ronaldo

4 Likes

Wenger :heart_eyes:

Wenger forced Bendtner to stay to be a back up but let Cesc go because of a gentleman’s agreement. Really needed a bastard like Levy to cockblock Barce

1 Like

That is fantastic and so Arsene… oozes class and very underrated in competitiveness. At his peak, he was imperious.

1 Like

Did read the book this spring during da Corona ting. Its a great read for up and coming footballers if you want to know what NOT to do in order to succeed.

I suspected too find a more sophisticated and reflecting human being behind all of his media scandalous persona, but to sum up the book he is basically a spoiled fekin ungrateful cunt who pissed his talent away. you get ZERO sympathy for him reading this book.

He did play at some very prestigious clubs tbf to him. And he eraned a ton of money for someone with such a shit workrate.

6 Likes

siuuu

4 Likes

@LordBendtner @MissRedNL

You two need to get in the ring and fight for the right to have that profile picture.

Didn’t realise @MissRedNL had such good taste in profile pictures. Im gonna change it asap. Arteta is a sexy man lots to pick from.

1 Like

Sort it fucking out man!

1 Like

adds broccoli as profile pic

There’s a certain elegance in being too lazy to ever change your avatar picture.

4 Likes

:joy: tbf your pic was a different angle, different trophy grip, etc. but also mine has a romantic hue filter added to go with Mikel’s beaming smile.

My avi will only change if we win the PL/CL then the pic gets an upgrade. Until then, the romance of the Cup and what it meant to him/us on that day lives on through this pic :heart:

you mean WHEN we lift the PL

2 Likes