N'Golo Kante

Isn’t he on mega wages? No way we’re putting 300k odd on a 31 yr old.

Xhaka and he who shall not be named out and give their salary to Kante.

Kante, Tielemans, Lokonga, Vieira and El Nenny as options behind Odegaard has potential.

1 Like

Loan move would be great

1 Like

He’s fucking past, can’t play a season anymore.

No thanks!

2 Likes

We’d also be doing Chelsea a favor by taking him. They shed his wages, open up a squad place and can bring new legs in.

1 Like

You’d have to ask yourself why they’d be comfortable letting him walk.

He’s a fading force who has had poor availability for quite a while now, nah not for me.

1 Like

Kante is an elite midfielder who probably gives us 20-25 league games per season and I’d be happy with that. I don’t think you’d find a Liverpool fan this season who hasn’t been happy with Thiago performances despite his poor availability.

I completely understand peoples opposition to this move but I genuinely believe Kante has plenty to offer and would provide superb midfield depth, experience and an immediate injection of quality.

5 Likes

I don’t think building a team around players who have crappy availablity is wise.

Especially when you’d be throwing those kind of wages their way, Liverpool may be happy with Thiago but most of their squad if not all was sorted.

Kante could potentially worsen fitness wise from here on out, he isn’t the same player anyway tbh.

I don’t think Kante commands £300k a week at Arsenal given the obvious fitness issues and his age. I think he’d be happy to take a lesser wage with a reasonably longer deal I.e a 3 year deal and we’ve got plenty of wiggle room for that now

We’ve shed so much of our wage bill I can’t se a single reason we shouldn’t be able to offer an experienced and high quality player a solid wage for 2-3 years

Kante decline also stems from the fact that managers have utilised him incorrectly in the last few years. It started with Sarri and continued with Lampard but using him higher up the pitch required him to use more energy and have a higher output and that sped up his physical issues.

Kante shielding the defence in a possession dominant team will probably squeeze some extra mileage out of him

Well reportedly he played through the pain barrier against us in the Europa League final and his knee hasn’t been the same since.

Could be right bro it’s an almost impossible question to answer but I do think he offers us so much quality and I’d much rather 20-25 league games with Kante in our midfield than Elneny, Xhaka, Lokonga occupying his position

I’d have him in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

:no_entry_sign:

2 Likes

We’re already a club that built its strongest lineup around two guys who can’t stay fit. Replacing Partey with a fading Kante isn’t a great idea.

Signing a 30+ player Chelsea have deemed surplus to requirements would just feel like a backward step after so much progression since the last one.

Just can’t back it.

5 Likes

Is that like an enquiry?

It’s a N’go for me.

1 Like

I kante believe we’d even consider this.

1 Like

If we do make an offer, we Golo.