NFL

Yes, the Chiefs keep their picks and take over Miami’s slot in those rounds

2 Likes

It about what spot you pick a prospect in each round of the draft and how many times you’re able to do so. There’s a finite number of ticket (draft picks) available.

The default position is every team every year starts with 1 pick in each round. The order is determined by W/L record in the season before. Teams can give up their draft picks as compensation for proven players

So KC get Miami’s 1st round pick in the same order Miami were meant to make a selection before the trade in addition to their own 1st round pick

1 Like

To add to the other comments, theoretically, all things equal and not factoring in trades, each team should get 1 pick per round of the draft, and they may have more or less depending on trade activity like the trade above.

So, provided the Chiefs haven’t traded any of their own picks they would have their own picks and then additionally the Chiefs would also get to use the Dolphins pick in the 1st round, the 2nd round and the 4th round of the 2022 draft.

So 3 additional picks in that specific draft and then the same logic in the 2023 draft but the picks would be in the 4th and 6th rounds meaning 2 total additional picks in that draft.

The order of the picks in the rounds themselves is determined by things like where they finish the season before (aka where in the queue each team picks).

So say the Dolphins get the 12th pick in the 2022 draft based on their finishing position, then the Chiefs would inherit that and be able to draft a player with the 12th pick.

This also kinda determines the value of the pick as well. Usually lower-finishing teams will have picks at the higher end of the draft aka greater chance at picking the best prospect/player which ultimately means they can covet more in a trade for one of these higher picks.

2 Likes

Thanks gents, that’s pretty clear now. :slight_smile:

Damn it.

The bears are gonna be pitiful next year

Sad to hear Dwayne Haskins died in a car accident RIP

wow that’s insane

What sad news :frowning:

we’ll be alright, i think. added lots of low risk, high ceiling types, particularly on the defensive side, so we can go offence in the draft. I think we will probably win 6-7 games and see progress from Fields and establish a new system and identify - personally quite excited by it. Think Poles is playing a blinder so far.

@sevchenko where the fuck the Rams getting all this money from??

Also big RIP to Haskins.

3 Likes

I hope so bud. Definitely playing the long game but will be a lot of short term pain

I just really hope Fields pushes on

1 Like

Cap space went up
$30m of dead money for the Gurley and Goff contracts came off the books.
AD99 is underpaid but his contract will get redone this offseason
Kupp is very underpaid with a $15m cap hit in 2022 whilst other top WRs are getting $20m+ easy
Whitworth retired and cleared $17m in cap room
Stafford took a team friendly-ish QB deal at $40m p/a when he could have demanded more. His cap hit for 2022 is $13.5m and $20m in 2023
We haven’t paid OBJ yet

Other than that we regularly let people walk as UFAs who get great deals elsewhere and the rams get comp picks where we have a decent hit rate on good players who contribute on cheap rookie deals.

Like alot of other teams we mess around with contracts and add void/dummy years. Wagner’s deal was toated as 5 years, $50m but it’s really a 2 year $16m deal with incentives. Robinson looks cheap now too at $15m p/a cap hit as a No2 WR when he was No1 at the bears

1 Like

1 year to build and then next year with all our cap space and better draft capital, I think we will be ready to start thinking playoffs again. I’m super optimistic about this new front office as all the right people, pundits from the bears world are on board.

@sevchenko thanks for detailed reply man, very informative. The rams are well run, something my team could do well to imitate.

1 Like

when are they gonna kick Snyder out?

1 Like

When pigs fly

1 Like

looks like he’s been skimming off his fellow owners, surely thats when they pull the plug?

You’d think so but he’s been Voldemort up to this point and perhaps he isn’t the only owner to do this

He has to know where some bodies are buried.

1 Like

Get these guys involved and he’s done.

1 Like

They definitely need to revisit the cap rules, teams getting away with mad tricks the last few years in particular.

The whole notion of cap hell coming home to roost at some point…never happens.

Patriots forever fucking around trying to manage cap while others just pay big deals and keep adding years :rofl:

1 Like

Almost draft time…so who is your team and who you drafting.

For me, with bears only having two 2nd’s and 2 3rd’s, I’m hoping maybe Ingram or Pickens fall. Alec pierce would make me really happy as a WR. Maybe Cole Strange.

Draft going crazy rn!