NFL

Just seen the game, didn’t know the result.

Great dominating defence and those penalties killed Kansas. No way Buccs win a superbowl without Brady lifting their game. Pleased for BA.

1 Like

Fair play to Brady not the result I wanted but gotta give him his props, chose the right team brought in his own guys and they got it done against the best offence in the league. That defence were utterly dominant.

It’s a shame that the game wasn’t really a spectacle, Mahomes did all he could but was let down by all pros who were dropping dimes and a paper thin O-line, some of the throws Mahomes throwing were ridiculous. He’ll be back.

2 Likes

This is just mental bro

2 Likes

My NFL knowledge is just enough so I just about get this. :grin:

4 Likes

Brady is 43 and still killing it

What are reasons to hate Brady? Never followed the game just curious

I think the big one that gets a lot of people is that he “cheated” by organising with his team’s equipment manager to deflate balls for the opposition’s offence thus impeding their QB ability to play. It was called “deflate gate” and TB12 was banned for a couple of games.

Beyond that, the hate is similar to what CR7 gets on a regular basis because they dominant winners basically and people are salty.

1 Like

Nah. Ronaldo is a genuine ‘good guy’. Brady has deflate gate, spygate, being a Trump supporter etc. Seems an actual cunt.

1 Like

Well Spygate was definitely on belichick alone

Brady isn’t politically active, never has been. He’s not on record endorsing any Trump policy positions at anytime. It just not true to label him a Trump supporter in any meaningful sense.

The extent of their relationship is pretty superficial, they’re both celebrity golf buddies, that’s about the extent of their connection.

Messi/Ronaldo getting done for tax related offences far worse reasons to hate imo

1 Like

Of course he’s not going to endorse him publicly. That would do damage to his brand and I reckon his (black) teammates and wife would fuck him up (figure off speech) for it. Doesn’t mean that he isn’t.

Tax evasion in Spanish football is common. Falcao f.e. also got done. But yeah, they too can be cunts.

There’s no evidence to suggest that he is though.

The MAGA hat incident occurred when everyone thought Trump’s candidacy was a stunt.

How can you hate on someone for having a hat in his locker lol…

:joy:

1 Like

JJ Watt to the Browns apparently!

It’s a certainty he’s leaving the Texans. He posted a goodbye message on social media.

Watching a lot of America’s game on YouTube and the NFL films vids, learning more about the history of the sport.

Really enlightening and entertaining tbf. This off-season is going to be intriguing for sure. Exciting time to get into the sport actually imo.

2 Likes

The product is definitely better than what’s on offer compared to football.

If you pick the right team you’ll get very invested very quickly lol

They really do have a gift with making their documentaires, the overdramatizion etc. Quickly leads to being invested hehe.

1 Like

I also have a new appreciation for what the Patriots organisation have done over the past 20 years.

Too much disrespect for big Bill right now.

He will be back in a few years, just let him rebuild his team.

@SDGooner exactly lol.

@sevchenko my thing is, I’m getting into this to get away from my shit team. I don’t want to pick a team that then becomes shit as well.

I like the 49ers, ravens and broncos (family connections) but no way will I get invested in any of them lol. Just want to be more of a neutral and enjoy the sport.

1 Like

I’m similar in that I just got into NFL about 2/3 seasons ago. Started with joining the fantasy football league at work. I’ve also been very selective about choosing a team, but it’s actually been fun watching without a rooting interest in most games. Fantasy football + Redzone on Sundays is unlike any other sports experience.

2 Likes