NFL

wow

Good on him, demonstrates what a shitty organisation they are.

The no trade clause was genius, wonder where he goes Dolphins, Jets, 49ers, Washington, Raiders?

Miami I think.

You think a trade can be done? Weā€™ve never seen a top 5 superstar QB try to force his way out before while under contract.

Miani can definitely be done, theyā€™d send Tua and surely the 3rd pick at the least. Iā€™ve read they donā€™t like Tua though and would most likely draft a QB with the 3rd pick, Fields would be a good look there and there some other interesting QB prospects in this years draft.

Like you said this doesnā€™t happen so itā€™ll be very interesting how it goes down.

1 Like

Rumours are he wants to go to the Jets, no idea how accurate that is.

Love him at the Bears but donā€™t see him wanting to come and weā€™d need to give up a heck of a lot.

Who the fuck wants Tua?

2 Likes

No precedent for this kinda of trade so Iā€™m kinda unsure about the value. If Iā€™m the texans Iā€™d say 3 first rounders is the starting point to even begin discussions, after that a player and a few mid round picks.

Ramsey and Mack went for two firsts.

In the end I think Watson will cave tbh. Texans can wait him out and arenā€™t trying to compete next year

They might as well get rid and rebuild. He must be worth 3 or 4 first rounders, a few seconds and few more on top of that. The draft class is strong in most positions so Iā€™d want trade for picks only. If I did want to trade for a QB Iā€™d opt for Carr.

1 Like

OMG

Jared :sob: My OB1, Iā€™m so upset

Mcvay/Snead is cold blooded ffs

What you make of the trade?

Good deal for the Lions, Rams give away a lot of their future, but with Stafford might be a contender next season.

Right now itā€™s a clear win for the Lions who are seeking to rebuild. For the Rams Mcvay get a top 10 vet QB he actually wants and one that has the ability to execute his system more effectively but the only way the Rams validate the trade is by winning a SB ultimately. The window is open, we have the pieces on both sides of the ball and we have to go for it now.

1st round picks, especially in the late round, tend to be overrated by GMs and fans. Rams have done a great job of getting solid starters without first rounders since 2017 so Iā€™m not worried about the future aspect. Itā€™s clear Goff wasnā€™t getting it done and his contract was an anchor

Genuinely sad to see Goff go but it would have been worse sticking with him in the hopes he would replicate his 2018 form. Thereā€™s no one in the first round would we could bring in over the next three years that would elevate the offence with Goff at QB.

Weā€™re contenders for sure, itā€™s worth the gamble imo. If youā€™re the Colts or 49ers who have good rosters but no QB you find yourself in a tricky spot? Iā€™d rather have Stafford than not looking at the options on the QB market

3 Likes

Stafford has got a pass all these years for average play, might be better than Goff but donā€™t think he gets them to the promised land.

I mean he was playing with the lions, easily one of the worse run organizations in the NFL but thereā€™s a reason he had a big trade market with serval contenders

Then again wouldnā€™t bet against Mcvay if he could take a QB like Goff to SB and playoff 3 times in 4 years. Goff was a bust before Mcvay saved him

1 Like

I get that McVay may be able to dress it up even better than he did Goff but Stafford is overrated, he isnā€™t a top 10 QB. Will be interesting to see how it goes because you guys are in win now mode so had to gamble I suppose.

Staffordā€™s Passer Rating Rank by Season

2009: 29th
2010: Injury N/A
2011: 5th
2012: 22nd
2013: 19th
2014: 21st
2015: 9th
2016: 13th
2017: 6th
2018: 25th
2019: Injury N/A
2020: 14th

Now thatā€™s not true, whatā€™s your top 10 as of 2020?

Passer rating/QBR doesnā€™t tell the full picture or environmental factors

In no particular order: Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Deshaun, Tannehill, Allen, Roethlisberger Murray, Brees.

Would put Lamar ahead of him also, perhaps even Herbert too.

Stafford is statistically one of the best quarterbacks of all time man lol, he just has never had a good team because the Lions are a mess of a franchise. Heā€™s gonna be massive for the rams. A top QB can add 2 wins per season and Mcvay has never had fewer than 9 wins ins a season. This year those two wins are the difference of us having a home playoff game and a bye. Think this was a massive trade for us.

Heā€™s an underachiever, as for some his stats thatā€™s why they call him Padford.

Coulda said the same exact thing for John Elway until the twilight of his career when he got a top coach, good defense, and incredible run game and then won 2 Superbowls. You donā€™t win it all on ur own in the NFL no matter how good u are.

But overall I still like the trade because the Rams got out from that stupid Goff contract. If it doesnā€™t work out with Stafford we wonā€™t take such a big cap hit by dumping him that we would have with Goff.

1 Like

No, you couldnā€™t. Elway won MVP and lost a couple of Super Bowls before he won :joy:.

I get the overall point youā€™re making, but Elway is definitely not a good comparison.