NFL

Yes
One the other week and another one this weekend

1 Like

Thereā€™s been a lot of overreaction on Fields, I reckon. When you watch each pass play, thereā€™s barely a play where he doesnā€™t have a defender in his face within 3 seconds and barely anyone getting open on his reads. I think Getsyā€™s play calling has been really poor. I think itā€™s possible to win and still develop him, but most of all we need to make sure he isnā€™t constantly forced to run for downs cos heā€™s gonna get injured at this rate.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking now that reality has set in on the bearsā€™ aspirations this year, they will free up the playbook and it will be mission - fields development from now on.

2 Likes

Personally, I think their attitude is play to win and develop Fields within that. I donā€™t see them going play action more just to help Fields. Against San Fran and Green Bay we were run heavy because they have good defences. Against NY we actually did try to pass a lot because their defence was supposed to be bad. Front office will probably look at QBs like Russel Wilson and figure that heā€™s a hall of fame QB potentially, yet struggling in a new system. If all they cared about was development for Fields they wouldā€™ve drafted differently and also the Hits principle doesnā€™t really lend itself to not playing to win.

1 Like

Sweet, my Broncos jags tickets have just arrived! Now I can watch Russell Wilson play like shit in person! Anyone else going, or did anyone go to the Vikes game?

3 Likes

Yep yep

1 Like

The ā€˜incredibleā€™ trevon diggs just got smoked for 54 yards by a guy getting his first nfl catch :joy:

Now throw more to kupp, I want a fantasy point record.

Posting to say F U NFL. The ridiculous call on Jarrett sacking Brady was shameful. Shit is turning into WWE.

2 Likes

Agree, that was shocking, Complete clean take down that killed a comeback

2 Likes

Look, Iā€™m sure my sorry Falcons would have blown it somehow, but Jarrett literally tackled him in the most textbook possible. Not low, not high, didnā€™t drive him, etc. Complete horseshit to effectively end the game like that.

Oh, and Geno Smith was sacked the same way a few minutes later and nothing.

2 Likes

The Tua concussion thing and rule change is having some negative effects on the league.

Certain QBs are getting favorable calls, Brady and Allen come to mind

2 Likes

I appreciate the league pretending to care about safety after the ugly Tua situation.

But if a defender does a textbook tackleā€¦

Ridiculous the calls that guy gets.

2 Likes

Play is shown halfway down. Complete garbage.

Smith-Marsette fucked it all up @Dr_Strangepass

But great game from the QB :sunglasses:. Shame about the loss

2 Likes

Rams so bad on offence. O-Line unit and run game is easily bottom 5 in the league

Stafford isnā€™t good enough to overcome that, which is a shame for a $40m QB

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

He got lucky to be part of such a stacked team and finally get that ring.

I really donā€™t rate him anywhere near the guys heā€™s hanging with in passing yards.

Of course your OL is busted right now but he simply got paid off the back of the SB and a good connection with Kupp last year.

1 Like

Hey mate, yeah, really sad, especially as he gave away the penalty that pulled back Justinā€™s insane touchdown run too. Obviously played like gash first half, but second half was so positive. Biggest positives - our coaching staff continue to make excellent half time adjustments (never saw that under Nagy), Fields, surprise surprise, looks really good when in a rhythm, with both his legs and pass. And Kyler Gordon also looked good for the first time. Actually, it was ideal result - run a close game, progress Fields, but just not quite win so we get higher draft picks:)

1 Like

Exactly

Need that WR next year the draft is looking tasty for them.

All the rookies looked decent in that game

Poles turned 4 draft picks into 9, I think only one of them didnā€™t make it, the rest are starters and all playing decent. The rebuild is going well thus far.