Next manager

At that point in May 2018 it seemed the frontrunners for the job were Arteta and Emery. That choice, for me, wasn’t based on what Arteta isn’t (a top prospect as manager or not), but it was based on what Emery is. A very mediocre manager. Of course with Arteta all could have gone to shits too. But there is a factor of excitement because of the unknown.

2 Likes

I’d really like us to try out with ljungberg, as an interim manager until we can find the right guy. I’m not saying it should be done immediately, but in the near future hopefully…

He was a highly intelligent player, a strong unique personality too… There may be some potential there. Worth a shot in this situation I think.

1 Like

Well early signs with Tito were promising until illness befell him. Aside from that it would be more Begiristain and Ferran Soriano rating him which I would be interested in, but nah I certainly don’t think Pep rating him means nothing. Especially at his age/experience level. If he were an old geezer it would be different story.

I don’t kill you for that. I kill the people who talked shit/acted like Emery was something he wasn’t cause they didn’t have a clue what he actually was and/or gave me shit for telling them what Emery was or acting like I was being dramatic in calling an incompetent hire an incompetent hire and being displeased about it. Don’t think I ever ‘killed’ you for anything. Even told you I don’t begrudge you your optimism but that you’ll come back to where you were on Emery once it passes.

3 Likes

Yeah lol I was just being a bit faceticious.

1 Like

You ruined Pokémon for me thank you. You and emery did me in today

3 Likes

Hasenhuttl’s teams play in a style that is similar to Klopp’s Dortmund. High-intensity football which is often quite direct, with a lot of counter-pressing.

1 Like

I’ll take your word for it and recommendation - at this point, I’d take Arteta.

I’ll take my 7 year old niece as manager at this point

1 Like

Have they actually said this or are you extrapolating by his presence there that they do? I’m not even going to pretend that I know who Soriano is either but again, why is their judgment on who one of Guardiolas assistants is (assuming they had anything at all to do with even picking him) of particular importance?

Be careful what you type…can come across wrong :santi:

1 Like

Context babygirl :joy: title of the thread :grimacing: fuck it I edited it lol

There have been reports to that extent. Like I said they are believable given that Arteta was clearly an actual candidate for us, if not the top candidate before Gazidis did what a bald cunt of a eunuch does, and thus they would fit with him being well regarded in the industry.

Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain predate Pep and are basically the people behind City’s success. They also were highly successful at Barça.

To be fair, if he was a candidate of the bald cunt, it does raise questions…

Also, I’d say about a billion pounds is behind City’s success… :bellcry:

5 Likes

Exactly. Spot on :ok_hand:

True, but the recommendation from the football people being Arteta and then the bald cunt just pussying out would so fit with who the bald cunt is.

I know you’re being at least slightly facetious with the other sentence but there’s a reason why City has been more successful than other oil clubs. Or why Barça when people like Soriano and Begiristain were around was more successful than Barça since then, for that matter. Credit where credit is due.

1 Like

Come back Wenga

1 Like

Low wages as well. Could’ve easily replaced if he turned out bad. If there was a time to risk it was then. We didn’t do it though.

Some OA members would do a better job than Good Ebening.

1 Like

I think, in the end, we just about did the right thing getting Emery over Arteta. Obviously, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but had Arteta messed up disastrously last season, we would have noaned like bitches that we didn’t attract a big name when Wenger left. This place, aa well as the Emirates, would have been toxic.

As it happened, we went for a big-ish name with proven questionable results in the past.

Emery Out. I don’t hate him, but let’s not let this wound fester

4 Likes

The exciting thing is a new manager could turn this season around for us. It’s not like having a bad squad now. Honestly think a bit of organisation and fine tuning would take us a long way forward.
Saliba is better being away from this car crash of a set up right now.

1 Like