Next manager

Oh no you haven’t asked him that.

Allegri

Sell me… I know little about him - you have me interested.

I agree.
Just because he is good mates with a world class manager doesn’t mean he is going to be as well.

1 Like

Happened with Steve Mcclaren and Brian Kidd as Fergie’s number 2’s, both went on to have meh manager careers. No to number 2’s for me.

1 Like

I get the idea and those are interesting names… but I want someone who has at least SOME experience of being the head coach/manager, even if it’s a small club or a youth team even… to get some idea how he manages the team. Arteta gives me NOTHING.

Being a good assistant and being the first team manager are two different things. I don’t mind experimenting… WENGER was an experiment or an adventurous move to some extent at that time… but I think arteta, or buvac are long shots.

1 Like

Hmm at the same time, a lot of top class managers seem to get along well with each other. I think whichever manager we bring in needs to have a good personal friend group.

Football can be stressful at the best of times and its good to have mates that ‘get it’.

2 Likes

You can actually tell just by Emery’s body language that he struggles to make friends.

2 Likes

I feel you, ideally Arteta would have some real experience but City do indeed seem to be grooming him to be Pep’s successor and if it’s between throwing the dice with Arteta or hiring someone with limited upside like Allegri I know what I’m choosing.

1 Like

Got a feeling if anything changes it will be …ta dah freddie!!

Surprised nobody has gone for the master of dark defensive arts yet, the man Big Sam himself.

He would be an upgrade on what we currently have. Plus you get the bonus of playing more exciting, attacking football than currently.

I can’t see that really. This seems a bit constructed/hopeful mate.

Although I’m not the biggest fan of allegri either. Seems a bit washed up and too similar to emery, better, but still…

Imagine Big Sam’s system, but with Xhaka pinging long balls into a target man to knock down for Kevin Nolan.

4 Likes

Yeah I mean it all depends on what you believe, it seems believable to me though that these reports are factual given that he did indeed seem close to the Arsenal job, which would tell you that he’s certainly got a good reputation in the industry and thus fit in well with those reports.

Where the actual (insert your word of choice) does this love for Arteta come from?! Can someone please tell me what he has achieved to make him a candidate?

Your thinking on this was spot on when Gazidis was in charge. We were never gonna go out and get the hottest manager in world football with the bald fraud at the helm, but now with our new management I honestly think we can aim higher.

I want a visionary to lead us, someone who is gonna revolutionize our club, I wanted Nagelsmann back then and I still want him now. Raul needs to open up the check book and give him the Godfather offer.

https://amp.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/julian-nagelsmann-10-things-on-rb-leipzig-s-record-breaking-head-coach-hoffenheim-5300

2 Likes

Would love that but just feel Nagelsmann is waiting for Bayern.

Emery had an even better reputation. :santi:
I can’t take that (arsenal board at that time rating/considering him) as a great argument in his favour. Although it’s not something to completely ignore.
As I said, I still think it would be a long shot… But at this point I’d gladly have him over emery. Just like ljungberg or something similar… as a short term replacement/try, while we’re looking for the real stuff.

Only on this forum.

1 Like