Next manager

Arsenal fans getting desperate over Potter. :rofl:
Another guy who loves a 3atb. Becoming such a norm again.

Whoā€™s playing 442 these days? Get him in before it comes back into vogue. Get ahead of the game for once.

2 Likes

HasenhĆ¼ttl?

Still want Rudi Garcia.

Not him. Who else!

Gallardo uses the 4-4-2 diamond but I guess that doesnā€™t count?

Rangnick uses mostly a flat 4-4-2 but also switches to other formation depending on the opposition.

1 Like

442 diamond has a special place in my heart from many a FM/CM save. Sign him up! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Next season will be good if we can get a new manager in. I can feel it in my bones. Itā€™s got very much a 95/96 feel about it has next season (very underrated campaign under Rioch)

It might just enthuse me into watching football again. Iā€™m not as into the game as I was back in 1995. There are obvious reasons- football being boring without fans at stadia, football being boring with fans in stadia, breakaway leagues, UEFA reforms and the general overexposure of the game on TV. In fact, the only games Iā€™m really looking forward to now are the FA Cup final and the Championship relegation dogfight tomorrow.

There could be reasons to be cheerful next season, but not with Arteta and not without fans at the Emirates.

3 Likes

I guess Howe and Martinez types are more serious candidates now because of our fall. Southgate too will be considered. All would probably work with the current set up. Potter will appeal as the cheap option too.
Everyone of them tells you what we have become now.
We are on the road that Everton and Villa took.

2 Likes

Ten Haag and Overmars would be a good combo in my opinion and both could definitely be poachable.

2 Likes

If we do make a move, put me in the Potter camp

1 Like

If we sack him. I want Allegri no one else

4 Likes

I assume weā€™d be looking at:

Rafa
Roberto Martinez
Nuno (if Edu is still here)
Potter
Southgate (because the club have no imagination)

Itā€™s a grim list to look at when there are other options out there. We should be looking in the Red Bull system or at coaches who graduated from that system. I love the idea of Gallardo who was seconds away from back to back Copa Lib titles but was undone by a single defensive brain fart by his River Plate side.

I think the idea of Allegri or Conte is a little fanciful unless they get a boatload of cash to spend and they think Edu is so weak (he is) that they wouldnā€™t have to work within the DoF structure. Thatā€™s also not really conducive to building a sustainable team structure.

Sarri plays nice stuff but is a racist and homophobe so no thanks.

Iā€™d probably look at Fonseca from Roma. He has some tactical shortcomings but heā€™s young and had a proven track record in Ukraine. And until the wheels completely fell off, that Roma team was playing decent stuff.

2 Likes

Honestly at this point anyone who can play players in their correct positions, doesnā€™t over complicate things, doesnā€™t pick favourites and letā€™s his attackers have the freedom to express them selves will be good enough to see us shoot back up the league.

1 Like

Decent option but would he come back to England?

Anyway, this thread is all moot unless we start next season poorly. Weā€™re persisting with Mikel

Oh what did he say?

sarri fucked Kante up though so nah

The not over complicating point is really true. Iā€™d almost welcome a rigid 4-4-fucking-2. At least people would know what they were supposed to do every week.

2 Likes

Conte would be an absolute dream. But extremely unrealistic.

I love what Potter is doing at Brighton, but managing a team with low expectations vs a big club filled with internationals is another thing. Iā€™d love for him to come in and stamp is his style of play on our team but he seems quite timid - big players might not take to him, thatā€™s my worry.

Ten Hag is also an option but reckon heā€™s off to spurs.

Allegri isnā€™t my fave but heā€™d get us top 6.

Do not want Rodgers at all. Heā€™s a bottler.

1 Like

Ten Hag just signed an extension iirc. Unless itā€™s some sort of clever plan to extract a fee from Spurs I thought he was staying.

The Potter thing fills me with such dread. Not because I think heā€™s too timid to coach here but because we still have no structure around him. Brighton to Arsenal is a jump imo, heā€™d still be working with the same donuts who got us in this mess.