Our Upcoming Fixtures

If Arteta is still in charge, I reckon we will get between 1-5 points…

If, and I’m not hopeful, we have a decent manager in by then, then it could be 11

2 Likes

Define trounce please.

not so much by score, but mostly they trample over us when playing…we never seem to match them on the pitch they always seem to have more energy and want it more and often that translates into a win

Not so sure about that, feel like we’ve been unlucky not to rack up a couple of more wins against them recently.

They’ve always been like this to some degree, Mav.

Even in our pomp (1997 to 2005) we only did the double over them twice.

It’s what kinda pisses me off now when Arsenal go to WHL. We’re worse than them now, yet I’d still expect us to put up a bit of fight when we play there. They always did when they were shit

2 Likes

If we can just kick Son 10 feet up in the air and reduce his ability to play, we’ll smash them. They are useless without him.

It’s an interesting group of games, we’re capable of picking up a substantial amount of points if we play anywhere near our best.

It could also be a massive let down also…

Anyways if we want a European place this season we need to find a way to win 4 of the 5.

2 Likes

As wacky as this league is, 5 wins out of 5 would put us in the title picture.

Any Arsenal manager should be disappointed at not getting 15 points from those five fixtures, particularly without the distraction of European football.

We ought to be like Chelsea in 2017.

5 Likes

Need to be picking up 12 points from our next 6 games minimum if we want to be serious about a return to European football next season.

Spurs
Palace
Watford
Villa

They’re the 4 home games no excuses to not take 10/12.

Brighton
Leicester

Only 2 away games in the next 6 and 2 draws with see us have 12 points from 18 if they home form was what I said above.

1 Like

Can see maybe 8 points there. Really need to show serious progress. Everton are whack though so we can take that potentially… I have hard time seeing us do anything better than 1 or 2 points against the big 3 there, even with City looking meh.

Have you just replied to our 6 fixtures in Dec 2020 and Jan 2021 ?

4 Likes

December 2019 January 2020 actually :joy::joy:

2 Likes

The issue is we have a bonehead manager who doesn’t know how he wants to play.

Lol ooops :joy:

1 Like

2019-2020

Accurate

2 Likes

Lol they call me the soothsayer… just in reverse

1 Like

Two down, three to go.

If we can get 7-9 points from these next three fixtures, which is definitely achievable, we’ll be sitting on 16-18 points after 9 matches and probably 5th or 6th in the table.

1 Like

The title is a bit of a reach, but top 4 is on. Manure the side to drop out of the top4. COYG

2 Likes

@Castiel hold me back

1 Like

Brighton, Palace and Villa are games that top 4 teams should be expecting to take maximum points from.

Every team stutters and suffers random bad results, but we need to demonstrate consistency for once. I won’t hear excuses like “oh but United lost to Villa at home so us drawing / losing is acceptable”.

Brighton away is the toughest given their current form, but we need to be winning there.

10 Likes