Newcastle Vs Arsenal (PL) 0-2

It’s not a majority view. Have seen a few posts on here dismissing Newcastle as a force at St. James and that because we have more quality in our team, we should be expected to win.

This game will probably be a lot more tougher than expected. But still, they’re neither an irresistible force nor an immovable object. Think we’ll win, but it’ll be tight. 1-2 Arsenal.

1 Like

I have a positive feeling, something like ahead of the Chelsea game… Some pressure is taken off atm, sadly because we alomst lost the race, not because we won it, but at least it gives an extra push to the team as they want to show they are better than those games against West Ham and Southampton (City too).

I really want to see both teams in their best condition tomorrow and we should have an absolutely cracking game if that happens.

There aren’t many teams better at home than Newcastle so if we get something from this game we’ll have done well.

Before the season neither us or Newcastle would have been considered being a top three side but apart from Man City, both clubs have been consistently the best in the PL so it should be a good game.

But where is the evidence we will? Its been a while since we were at that level meanwhile Newcastle have picked up crazy form of late especially at home. Need to go up a few levels from recent performances to beat them and Brighton at home now. Back in March it was a very different story. Can only hope there’s renewed confidence and energy from the Chelsea win.

If we win, this title race is still very much alive (for a week at least lol) given our hardest away games would be done and City would still have Everton, Brighton and Brentford to go to.

Come on!

2 Likes

Fair enough, this what I would go for:

Kiwior-Gabriel-White-Partey

We have to match Newcastle’s pace and power.

What :rofl:

If Gabriels fit it has to be:

Zinchenko - Gabriel - Kiwior - White

You could throw a wild KT in there since Zinky’s been dogshit for a month but bet Mikel won’t.

Just want a performance. Show why we’ve been the best in the country all season.

No dicking around.

3 Likes

Tbf, it’s the same backline as me.

I just put Partey as inverted fullback from the right.

We could also go:
Partey-Gabriel-Kiwior-White

We’ll need Partey in that midfield.

Dunno I read the first one as a complete shuffle which seemed a bit drastic - Kiwior out at left back and Partey playing the inverted role while White slides to CB. Don’t think we need such an overhaul at the back, keep what’s largely familiar and swap the underperforming left back if any.

I think we can and should impose our game on them, not change it too much. Isak is the only worry if he starts running at our CB’s.

Tbf, Arteta doesn’t like changing a winning team(unless it’s to sit out an in-form Trossard for Jesus) so I expect the same XI as Chelsea.

I do fear about this mismatch though:
Xhaka-Zinchenko-Jorginho-Odegaard
v
Willock-Bruno-Joelinton

Even the numbers advantage doesn’t help much in my eyes. All of them are slow, and all of them bar Xhaka are weak.

Easy home win . Eddie Howe will play boring tactics as usual and will suffocate Arteta title aspirations.
Newcastle 4-1 Arsenal

I’d start Partey not Jorginho, despite the lack of form.

I think zinchenko will make the cut again despite form as Mikel really seems uninterested in Tierney. So I expect our best XI minus Saliba for Kiwior, Martinelli back in.

Willock doesn’t worry me but the other two will be up for a fight if they start. Main concern for me is if Isak starts running at our cbs or white.

Yes, the exact same backline, if you ignore the fact that only you’ve only selected two of the same players as each other, and you only agree on where one of those two players should play.

3 Likes

Come on Arsenal, please :pray:t6:

2 Likes

Well, technically, a quarter of the league are better at home this season than Newcastle.

And we’re the best away

Will probably be tough, but we shouldn’t be fearing them.

Big day ladies and gents.

Title dream could live on for a bit longer after today.

Or it dies a glorious death.

Oil Robot City cunts.

4 Likes

Important to try to keep going and get a good result.

Whatever the result, whatever the outcome of the title race, I’m a proud Gooner. We’ve had 4 points taken away from us by VAR, we’ve had bad luck with injuries again and Man City cheated their way to another title. Hopefully their last if the FA has a spine*

• We all know that goal celebrations lead to bigger sanctions than cheating FFP rules, so I’m not holding my breath.

Hopefully we turn up this time.

Come on you gunners!! :red_circle::red_circle: