Newcastle Vs Arsenal (PL) 0-2

If Holding and Partey start we have no chance

dunno what has happened to Partey he was immense not so long ago.

1 Like

Remember when we were scared he got injured for Ghana on international breaks :laughing:

Football changes fast

1 Like

I donā€™t see how we go into this match without Partey btw. Poor as heā€™s been he is the only midfielder we have that can match the physicality of their midfield.

On the flipside, Jorginho looked great himself so itā€™d be unfair to drop him.

If I was Arteta, I would certainly entertain the prospect of using Partey at RB, with White partnering up Kiwior with Gabriel being a doubt.

Edit:

I actually, I wouldnā€™t object Partey playing in Zinchenko role as well similar to how Tomiyasu has done before.

I havenā€™t reprogrammed my brain to think of St James Park as some kind of fucking Mordor-esque shitpit where dreams go to die.

Itā€™s fucking Newcastle ffs.

Letā€™s act as though weā€™re top of the league and better than them. Because we are.

We need to be nimble of thought and body to withstand their pressing energy.

This is a very big game for them as well. They had a pretty serious blip in the middle part of the season. They should be nervy and apprehensive at times during this game. We should prey on that like weā€™re the big dicks.

14 Likes

man, some of your posts are just :arteta2:

2 Likes

I wonā€™t vote until I know the status on Gabriel, if he plays anything could happen.

If Holding starts with Kiwior Iā€™ll say 3-1 Newcastle.

I agree! I was only a ~16 yr old kid when I signed up to OA back in 2007 :sweat_smile:, would like to change my username if it were possible. :grin:

it depends where city are at this stageā€¦ if they win their 2 games before us, less pressure on us as chances of us winning the league will drop even more which means we might actually win this one.

if city drop points and we are back in it, we will most probably lose it. Still cant believe how we drop 4 points against WestHam and Saintsā€¦ if we had won those, we would have had 82 points right now.

1 Like

But this forum was remade in 2016. So you would chosen this one again haha

7 Likes

Arteta and Howe are the two best managers in the PL, apart from Guardiola.

A couple of seasons ago Newcastle were just above the relegation places and we were mid table so both clubs have come a long way.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see how both clubs do in the transfer window, with us being linked with Rice and them with Maddison and Raphina, as well as the CL after both clubs have been out of it for so long.

Newcastle at home are one of the strongest in the league so weā€™ll do well to get something from this game so Iā€™m going 2-2 with Odegaard and Xhaka to score.

Excited about this weekend

My wifes family live in Sunderland so we always go up for a long weekend to stay with them and go to the game whilst we are up there
Looking forward to the trip away, and the game, but I said last season and have done throughout this one that this game against them is one of the hardest we will have all season.

4 Likes

@SuperArsenal1886 this is Bl1nkā€™s way of saying that it is absolutely possible :grin:

Just let us know what you want after giving it some thought :+1:

1 Like

Partey in at right back for this game and White in at CB regardless of whether Gabriel is fit.

1 Like

We honestly shouldnā€™t fear these cunts. We went to fucking Anfield and outplayed Liverpool in that first half. We outplayed Man Utd at OT(with Lokonga) and should have got something out of that game too.
Smashed Brentford, Spurs, Fulham and Brighton away from home too

If we bring our A game we can beat them.

11 Likes

Newcastle will be too strong (mentally and physically) for us in this one. Canā€™t see anything but a win for them.

1 Like

Easy game according to some.

We need to match their intensity and physicality. As long as Gabriel starts, I actually believe weā€™ll win.

I didnā€™t until the Chelsea game.

Whoā€™s saying this?

2 Likes