Newcastle United

Two minutes was plenty for me, not watching seven minutes of that shite.

1 Like

When you have a foreign PL club owner who’s title is “His Excellency,” then yes. :grinning:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/primevideosport/status/1684111316808605697?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

Be surprised if they even come top 6 this year tbh.

https://twitter.com/lizzyxclark/status/1684492776321302529?s=46&t=eJpgg6uHWRsStnASv-OePg

Class act.

People sleeping on Newcastle are the same ones who slept on Chelsea in 03. Man Utd in 22 and City in 09.

There’s literally nothing different between them.

Newcastle have the best defence, they used to draw every 2/3 games last season. Now they know how to win games, they’ve got UCL money.

I think they will be stronger this season.

Every year at least 2/6 “Top 6” clubs shit the bed.

Last year it was Chelsea and Liverpool. This year it’ll be 2 different ones.

Be on guard

3 Likes

Top 6 will be back to normal this year imo, only debate is totnum.

I agree, although when Abramovich bought Chelsea, spending record amounts, most people knew they’d be successful so Newcastle shouldn’t be underestimated and could easily be top four again.

The could be the most open PL season we’ve see and with Chelsea and Man City both selling a lot of first team players, it means it could be a slightly more level playing field.

With us, Man City, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, spurs, Aston Villa and Brighton all looking for a European place, this season will be very interesting.

1 Like

At this point we’ve seen players don’t overly care about where they play, it’s a money game. Newcastle have made some decent signing’s without going full Abramovich/Boeley, if they wanted to they could attract most players in the world…with money! They have a half decent run at the group stages of the CL, they’re not far off in my opinion.

I do think that Eddie Howe isn’t the man to take them up another level though.

1 Like

I highly doubt Newcastle have a better season than last season. They have not made signings that I think take them to another level and appeared imo to be tailing off towards the end of last season.

Eddie Howe as said above, is not the man to take them to the next level.

I can see City, Arsenal, Man U, Pool, and Villa finishing above Newcastle this season and then there is still Brighton and the unknown of Chavski and potentially Spurs depending on what happens with Kane

1 Like

Agree fully, Howe should have been coach of the year, Newcastle’s season was very impressive.

Question is really have they added enough firepower offensively to keep up. They’re great on the back end but def I can see them in the battle for 4th till May

1 Like

Newcastle were one of the most organised teams and were defensively very good last season but lacked a bit in attack.

They’ve got very few top quality attacking players so getting a top four place with players like Wilson, Isak, Almiron, Joelinton and Willock was a great achievement.

Their 17-year-old talent Lewis Miley looks really promising.
I reckon he will play a fair bit this season.

Edited out Man U because it didn’t fit.

No one is sleeping on Newcastle. Based upon what happens to City for the 115 charges of financial doping, Newcastle can follow suit. They’ll be happy to sportwash and spending really large sums of money to join City at the top.

3 Likes

You mean MLS Cup Winner Almiron? More trophies than Harry Kane.

2 Likes

This was my next unread post. Almost bad enough to be one of my transfer predictions :grinning:

1 Like

I assume they’re playing a bit of a longer game. It’s not like transfer inflation is going to really impact them so they may as well be selective.

Yeah. They’ve obviously been busy but nothing they’ve done particularly worries me. Tonali is good luck but they certainly overpaid for him. Same for Barnes. They’re trying to get Livramento bow too and Southampton rejected £30m for him the other day.

Does remind me a bit of Spurs last summer where they signed a bunch of players but nobody was really a game changer for them. Still time for them to pull a big one out of the blue like they did with Isak.

You think they could tempt Levy to let Kane go? Money isn’t the issue, he could save face by getting 100m.

Think if he goes it’ll be abroad to be honest.