Newcastle United

Yeah much less of a blow to Levy’s ego I guess.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/eurofootcom/status/1687105100953882625?s=46&t=AXaXFdGpC85RzXwk6DBMgA

1 Like

I remember it. The cheek of EtH. Same dude played the deepest defensive line in the league and that deployed the nastiest respectball in the Top 8 trying to call out Newcastle who at the time probably had the 3rd best attack in the league.

1 Like

I quite like Eddie Howe.
You really wonder how many good managers miss out on good opportunities because of the perception of them being midtable club managers.

He was available for 18 months. Tottenham, Aston Villa, Everton, Southampton could have hired him during that time.
Tottenham missed a trick here IMO because he would have been another version of Pochentino appointment.

4 Likes

Nah he seems like a sanctimonious shithead.

2 Likes

Yeah it a smart appointment from Newcastle. They could have gone the glamour path but they saw the fundamentals Howe brings to a side. He def deserved coach of the year

His work at Bournemouth under Demin was some of the best consistent coaching you’ll see in the PL.

Eddie Howe will be the next England manager if/when Southgate moves on.

1 Like

He certainly fits the bill and is a far better manager than Southgate.
He’s done a great job at Newcastle, with a squad that is nowhere near quality of other PL clubs

To get a CL place with the players he had shows that Howe could be a top manager with some investment in some quality players.

Absolutely agree. Newcastle are shithouses but their intensity and attacking aggression is phenomenal.

They only become defensive, time wasting cunts in specific games. We saw it at the Emirates and it was really effective.

However, the reverse fixture in Geordie land they came flying out the traps. They were excellent in the opening 15 minutes. Created some big chances. Then we did the same time wasting shite back to them lol. Fair in my book. Teams will exploit shit officiating if they can - the referee has to control it.

United were fucking awful to watch for loads of last season. A manager crying about how much other teams spend when he was one of the biggest spenders. Crying about other team’s tactics when his primary big brain strategy is “RASHY ON THE COUNTER”.

I fucking hate Ten Hag and I hate United. Bastards.

5 Likes

Also using Casimiro not playing as an excuse for why they lost to us as if he’s the world’s greatest player.

I can’t stand it when managers like Ten Hag, Mourinho, Guardiola, etc, accuse other clubs of spending big, while they are the biggest spenders in football.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/gunnerblog/status/1692469014537154660

No fan of any top 6 club should grandstand on morality in football or being classy

1 Like

Wonder how much rent the Saudi national team are paying for them games :smiley:

1 Like

Cannot see it personally - Howe is a “successful” PL manager and doing a great job, why would he opt to change from managing a team on the up in the PL for England at this point in his career?

I can definitely see it later on his career but doesn’t make sense for him now. The national role is a difficult one - whilst I feel Southgate is no where near good enough, I think it is extremely difficult to recruit a top manager in or approaching their prime from one of the top leagues.

Nah I don’t buy that, going down that path is just a way to shut down scrutiny of KSA’s ownership.

And I’m pretty sure I’ve heard Gunnerblog talk about how he doesn’t like Arsenal’s association with the Rwandan government.

1 Like

Why do we expect club managers to be spokespersons for all things?
If Eddie Howe was the one organizing these events, It would be understandable to scrutinize him.
They harrassed Tuchel the same way.

2 Likes

People are asking the manager of a football club to comment on these things when the true villains here at the PL and the UK government. Focus your ire on them. Stop expecting Eddie Howe to give you quotes.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1692504560839864415?t=9WpDo4SkXAKJmApjgtVi4Q&s=19

Seems like we didnt want to let Tierney go.

The whole point of the Saudi project is to distract people from their horrible human rights record and repressive, brutal policies by using Howe and Newcastle as a shield.

It’s totally legit for a sports journalist to call out the game of sportswashing. I doubt Howe would have anything intelligent or interesting to say on the topic since he’s already on the blood money train but the journalists shouldn’t give up that line of questioning.

3 Likes

Eddie Howe shouldn’t be asked about this bullshit. Another example of British journalists taking a Moral high ground. Should Arteta be asked about America’ conduct in the middle East due to us having American owners? Of course he shouldn’t.

Newcastle are building a very solid team.

1 Like