Newcastle United

Only if it strikes at toiletbowl areana

The wait goes on
. What is it ? 1955 ?

Domestically it is. 69 they won the Fairs cup.

1 Like

Nice.

Sadly wasn’t their day today. I had a feeling Man Utd would win it easy today. Although I think our absolute priority has to be the PL for the rest of the season, I want us to keep going in the EL, as can’t stand the thought of them winning that as well. Shame Barca didn’t knock them out last week.

Only positive is that hopefully Newcastle will be up for bouncing back against City next weekend in the PL.

2 Likes

They won’t. Newcastle have been cooked since their incredible performance against us, fucking typical.

3 Likes

This is most certainly overstating their display.

2 Likes

Maybe, but they have two games in hand on Spurs, and only 4 points behind them. Win 1 and Draw 1 and they are back in the top 4 by virtue of goal difference. They have the incentive to try to get something out of the City match, but you’re right
they haven’t won in ages!

I’m glad they lost . Despite not having any dogs in the fight . The bs about the Toon and what wonders Howe is achieving is very premature.

1 Like

I know what you mean with comments flying around about how they were going to challenge for the title etc. But I’d argue being anywhere near top 4 with the players they have is a wonder which Howe should be congratulated for.
It was only last year they were fighting relegation and they haven’t brought that many players in, (even if they did, look at how Chelsea are doing).

2 Likes

Took that defeat badly Newcastle yesterday and Howe looked hurt.
Looked a bit broken and don’t expect much of an effort at City next weekend.

1 Like

As much joy as I take from seeing KSA denied, I do hope Karius isn’t in a bad place. Idk that either goal was his fault though.

ASM and Almiron are good pros for a top 10 team. Wilson and Isak would be backup players for all the top 6 teams.

Their midfield aside from Bruno is decidedly workmanlike.

Defence is probably their strongest department, but again, it’s around the 4th or 5th best in the league on paper. They are over performing in terms of goals conceded but it seems like that is resetting back to the average now.

They can upgrade every single position (some of them by an enormous margin) barring Pope, Trippier and Bruno.

6 Likes

Nothings going to happen but the Saudi takeover of Newcastle was one of the most brazenly corrupt things the PL has ever allowed.

As if the Saudi royal family would let a separate entity control all of the wealth in the country lmao.

9 Likes

Of course it’s fucking controlled by Saudi Arabia. The PL might have been lied to but they will have been well aware and didn’t give a fuck. Bit late to make a show of it now. Bent cunts.

2 Likes

PL will review and do nothing

This won’t be a problem for Newcastle because where there is serious money, there is a loophole.
See Man City and Chelsea for details.

1 Like

The PL should never have allowed Newcastle to be bought by the Saudi PIF in the first place. Anything that happens past the point of them becoming owners is meaningless. They’ll spend astronomical amounts and kill the competition in the league.

Those folks on the PL panel who approved it all probably have 100ft yachts moored in Puerto BanĂșs. Corrupt cunts.

Newcastle will go the way of City. It’s just a matter of time. Whether they abide by FFP in a more conservative way is the only question. Are they going to spend 300m this summer or just 150m?

Bottom line is that we need to get this title win under our belt right fucking now before this league becomes even more of a joke. I’ll make as many memories as I can on our victory parade and keep those close to my heart until the day I die.

9 Likes

It’s entirely possible they weren’t even lied to. Everyone knew the Saudi government was pulling the strings on the purchase. It’s a sovereign wealth fund ffs.

1 Like