Newcastle United

Just like they knew where Abramovic’s money came from.

take a point versus City please

1 Like

Shambles

What is?

The fact that the government put pressure on the PL to OK the takeover so BoJo could keep the Saudis happy

2 Likes
1 Like

Wow that’s ridiculous, I’d drop him for a long time after that. Unless he’s got some home shit going on or something.

There is a slim possibility they will have CL qualification sewen up when we play them…

1 Like

Rumour is Newcastle have got the Saudi version of Emirates and Etihad as the new shirt sponsor

Gross.

2 Likes

These cunts will have a big summer btw. They’re totally gonna have a statement signing like they did with Isak out of the blue last summer.

They’re gonna be our biggest competition for Rice. Could see them bidding something crazy for him and completely pricing us out.

2 Likes

Yep.

They will try and outbid every big club’s pursuit of top players I feel.

We definitely need to move fast on our bigger, more reported transfers early on and leave the squad padding till after. Seems too idyllic of a situation but it stops bidding wars.

Seem to know what they’re doing and as @RockyMaivia has said are recruiting well and pretty much surpassed expectations already this season by reaching top 4.

1 Like

Nothing dodgy to see here then with the huge increase in value of shirt sponsorship happening to be something to do with their owners.

1 Like

Works in our favour if they come in for Tierney. Would expect them to be bidding for the likes of Rice, Maddison, Mount, Caicedo etc. Could probably do with a CB and winger as well.

This Saudi buy in has all the hallmarks of the Emirati one of City.

Slowly increasing clubs value with internal sponsors. They didn’t do anything crazy this time round but I guarantee the renewal will be worth bucket loads. They’ll probably throw in some extra sponsors from other Saudi based or Saudi invested enterprises.

The clubs revenue is going to make big strides in the next few years as a result which just opens up the market for them to spend much more.

They’ve also bought very well for the most part and improved the playing squad hugely.

This is basically copying what City did and ignoring the disaster that was Qatari owned PSG’s vanity project. Running like a football club instead of a team for mega stars and fashionable items of clothing.

1 Like

Another big plus and something that helps smooth this is the Newcastle fanbase.
It’s loud and passionate and colourful. It adds to the product for the prem in a way City doesn’t really.

3 Likes

What I like about the Newcastle transfers so far… There’s not a trace of buying attractive players to impress the fans, or other clubs…

Even City, who managed to bulid a big quality squad in a short time, used to buy attactive names from the start, players that wouldn’t really fit some specifit tactical plan, some past it players… You could see they wanted to make a statement - “we are here, etc”

Whoever is doing Newcastle’s transfers doesn’t care bout that at all, at least for now. Their biggest transfers so far - Isak and Guimaraes, are brilliant young players, players with high ceiling that already offer something, players a club like that, or almost any other ambitious club, should be after.
Trippier was an amazing transfer. Seems they knew what they’re doing with Dan Burn too, massive addition to their defence although not a big name. Botman was a brilliant deal too.
They didn’t go crazy with the new money they got, going desperate to get some loud names as quick as possible. You could almost say they doing quiet, smart, very calculated deals that are all about raising the quality of the team in specific ares, nothing about impressing the fans.

If they continue going in the same direction in the future, this summer especially… I think they could be our toughest competition for the top places next year out of all the teams beneath us atm.

6 Likes